+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in NOC Codes Disaster for us. What to DO!!!

delphinium

Apr 25, 2013
I just found out that the NOC code used on my LMO is now one of the "closed" NOCS on the CEC class!!!

Any ideas or advice appreciated.
I was JUST about to put in my PR app. and now do not know what to do.

delphinium

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
delphinium said:
I just found out that the NOC code used on my LMO is now one of the "closed" NOCS on the CEC class!!!

Any ideas or advice appreciated.
I was JUST about to put in my PR app. and now do not know what to do.

delphinium
Are your duties matching this NOC? Like, was this the NOC you were going to apply under?

madam89

Sep 28, 2013
I really do not think that will effect your LMO> that is for residency basis isnt it? Experts please advise.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
madam89 said:
I really do not think that will effect your LMO> that is for residency basis isnt it? Experts please advise.
It's not affecting his/her LMO, he's/she's worried about the PR application as this NOC is not eligible anymore.

delphinium

Apr 25, 2013
iam_toby said:
It's not affecting his/her LMO, he's/she's worried about the PR application as this NOC is not eligible anymore.
Right toby, thanks. After overwhelming struggles, I got an LMO last year, and I think the NOC was sales supervisor, # 6211. On my work permit it says: "sales supervisor" OUCH!!!!!

JUST this month finally got enough hours and cash to apply to CEC, was planning to submit by end of this month, and now find all those hours may not qualify??? I have another permit, NAFTA, but not enough hours on that one to qualify CEC.
(I teach, and will never get enough hours on that one, just mentioning to give complete info.) Up to now, I thought all I had to worry about was figuring out how to coordinate/get the Bridge permit, in order to continue working at my current (LMO) job. This employer will never do another LMO -
And now, this has gone on so long (been here six years) that my daughter is out of country at college, so there's another complication.
Thanks all for your assistance and thoughts on this matter. delphinium

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
FSW - Stream 2 - Arranged Employment -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp?expand=arranged#arranged

PNP -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/immigrate/provincial/index.asp

Both require the cooperation of your employer, however. I suggest looking into PNP first -