+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in marital status

chef_cm

Apr 3, 2013
thanx for all ur posts ,,,,im grateful to u all
im waiting for reply from vo but not yet recieved any. shud i send my copr to the vo right away and ask an explanation of wht to do

chintanapatel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi

1. If you marry before you "land" your visa is no longer valid. You could be reported for misrepresentation and your spouse could never be sponsored.
2. So your only choice is "land" first.
Hello,
I got my COPR today with my marital status incorrectly mentioned as 'Married'. I'm a divorcee and had mentioned it clearly in my application for FSW-Outland PR. Had attached the divorce decree dated July 28, 2016 too. Date of COPR - September 14, 2017. Should I have it corrected by sending the original divorce decree's copy? Kindly advise. Thank you.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hello,
I got my COPR today with my marital status incorrectly mentioned as 'Married'. I'm a divorcee and had mentioned it clearly in my application for FSW-Outland PR. Had attached the divorce decree dated July 28, 2016 too. Date of COPR - September 14, 2017. Should I have it corrected by sending the original divorce decree's copy? Kindly advise. Thank you.
definitely report it ASAP

Reactions: chintanapatel

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
Hello guys, My wife has applied for Divorce on grounds of living Seperated since July 1st 2016 we have been married 10 yrs, 3 kids
We are a family of 5 who obtained PR visa in Feb and Landed 31st May 2016. after one month I the principal applicant returned to my home country to continue work and repaying loans we contracted with my company Credit Union and the bank, which is deducted at source from my salary. I am planning on going for vacation in Canada in December to spend Chrismas together. The loan from Credit Union (two years repayment period till May 2018) enabled us to buy air tickets including a round trip for me, pay rents for the first three months in Canada while expecting that my wife will start receiving child benefits thereafter to sustain herself and kids and a survival job she has. The second loan we used to buy a piece of land and and the rest about 50 percent to pay for her 4 years study to qualify as a registered nurse in home country. Throughout our 9 years in marriage she hasbeen s been a student and we have been living on my salary alone. I am expected to reply to the court application sent to me by her lawyer, which I am preparing. I have also collected attestations from my bank and credit union to show proof of my indebtedness, as the main reason why we agreed I should come back. We jointly signed the loan agreement with her at the bank.
1. If I present these documents to support my reason for living seperate, i am afraid immigration may revisit my file that there is misrepresentation because for Quebec we signed a document called Financial self sufficiency. Now if they find out i lied and used borrowed money, can our PR status be cancelled?
2. In the divorce notification letter, she wants me to be responsible for chilld feeding allowance, and wants to own all the items in the house she has bought so far, and wants each one of us to be responsible seperately for debts incurred from 1st July 2016 the date i left Canada which she considers as date of seperation. Also note that in my home country the law requires one to have contributed to Social Insurance fund for at least 15 years to benefit for old age pension at age 60. I am 45 years and have already completed over 13.5 years contribution deductions from my salary and we agreed initially that i should continue working to complete this remaning period so we do not loose out, but i should be coming on one month vacation every year to Canada.

I need advice from the house, please