+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in marital status, change of visa and now an LMIA application

Anna999

Jan 4, 2017
Hi, I am hoping someone maybe is or has gone through something similar.

I joined my husband here in March 2015 on a spouse visa. I then got a part time job in a private care facility whilst I was developing my own small business, which I did all by the book.
I kept my part time job as I enjoyed it so much and it was steady income.

In July 2016 my husband ended our marriage.

So I had to review my visa options. My open work permit expires end of June 2017. I cannot be self employed as I do not have enough capital to back me up. My only option is to get an LMIA and then apply for PR through the Express Entry scheme, I was advised to do this from an Immigration lawyer.

Luckily my part time job came through for me and offered to take me on full time and to sponsor as per LMIA.
My employer completed the form and posted the paper copy at the beginning of November 2016, we have as of yet heard nothing and the $1000 application fee has not been processed.

I have less than 6 months now to secure my sponsorship and I am starting to panic!

Has anyone got any advice or been through a similar situation? Or does anyone know whom I can speak to to find out about my individual file.

Thanks for the help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's too early to panic. LMIAs can easily take four months to process and it looks like you've only been waiting two months. Good luck and hopefully you'll have good news soon.

Only your employer can request status on the LMIA. However there's really no point since it won't speed up processing and so far the LMIA processing times are perfectly normal.

Anna999

Jan 4, 2017
Thank you for that I really appreciate it, yes I am probably panicking too early ! But I want this very badly...I will try to be patient !!

Thanks again