+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in Marital status after submitting PR FILE (express entry )

realking

Oct 17, 2016
Hi Guys,
I have applied for my permanent residency in November 2016 through express entry. Now I got married in January 2017 and I want to update my marital status. Can someone please tell me how to inform CIC about this change in status.

realking

Oct 17, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Raise a CSE to them.

Prepare to have his/her medicals done as well as PCC.

I sent a email to immigration office through IRCC Web from and I got email back saying

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Ottawa, Ontario. If the newly created family member is a child born in Canada, only the add-on request is required:

•A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,
•(If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,
•(If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,
•(If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form,
•A copy of the family member’s valid passport,
•Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,

and
•The add-on request including:
◦your name,
◦your client ID number/UCI,
◦your file number,
◦a letter of explanation,
◦a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
◦if applicable, the proof of payment.

Useful tips
•Please ensure to write ADD-ON on the forms and on the envelope.
•If you would like proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.
•It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made

Rety

Apr 1, 2016
Hi Guys,
I have applied for my permanent residency in November 2016 through express entry. Now I got married in January 2017 and I want to update my marital status. Can someone please tell me how to inform CIC about this change in status.

Rety

Apr 1, 2016
Hello guys.... I really need someone's help .... Iam new to this guide.

Am legally separated from my spouse . If I receive ITA then in post ITA form will I be asked about spouse passport number , his details etc as I don't have assess to his information .

Plzz anyone reply

Kalmeshp

Oct 20, 2019
Dear All,

FYI

I had initially submitted my application mentioning my marital status as 'Legally Separated', CIC requested for proof of separation .
However, between then and now, I have reconciled with my wife and so my marital status is back to as 'Married'.
In place of where they have requested the proof of separation, I have submitted an Affidavit about declaring my current Marital status and have also requested them to update it in my Permanent Residency Application as well.

Awaiting their response.. I will update once I get it.

Thanks

Kalmeshp

Oct 20, 2019
All - FYI
Further to my last posting, I got separated due to differences and i submitted an affidavit about the same and also enclosed a copy of Divorce petition and online court case status screen shot that my divorce case is at Family court and that i cannot produce any documents of my separated spouse until the case is disposed. IRCC accepted this and although it was delayed and pending for long, IRCC requested my Passport for visa stamping in Jun 2022. Received Visa. I did my landing on Nov 15th, 2022, and my PR status granted.
Thanks all, I wish all Good Luck with PR applications.