+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in field of study after rejection when applying for SP

Zcvxcv

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
How will an Officer look if I apply first time for webdesign program and in case of rejection I will apply for Nursing program? Is it common practice to do so? Changing your plans for career path during a month after first rejection of SP, how do they look at it?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How will an Officer look if I apply first time for webdesign program and in case of rejection I will apply for Nursing program? Is it common practice to do so? Changing your plans for career path during a month after first rejection of SP, how do they look at it?
How is a change to nursing building on your current career and education? You need to show that. Is your past education in the health field?

Zcvxcv

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
How is a change to nursing building on your current career and education? You need to show that. Is your past education in the health field?
Yes, it's in a health field, I graduated as a dentist, but I thought to apply for webdesign since I also had 9nline based education in webdesign, so i thought it would be more logical that i wanna pursue that. Bcz i dont know how to explain why a dentist needs to be a nurse, altough I heard that to have Study permit approved to a nurse program is more easier since Canada is in shortage of medical workers. So I wanna give it a try as well

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, it's in a health field, I graduated as a dentist, but I thought to apply for webdesign since I also had 9nline based education in webdesign, so i thought it would be more logical that i wanna pursue that. Bcz i dont know how to explain why a dentist needs to be a nurse, altough I heard that to have Study permit approved to a nurse program is more easier since Canada is in shortage of medical workers. So I wanna give it a try as well
Sure. But program still makes no sense. You have a professional degree and now taking I assume a 4 year university under grad program. How old are you because you are in a professional field that gives you many career opportunities. If you want to be a nurse then study in home country. No need to come to Canada.

Reactions: canuck78 and Zcvxcv

JASKARANDHS

Dec 12, 2020
Mississauga
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
If you apply for a study permit for one program and then change your mind and apply for a different program shortly after being refused, immigration officers may question your level of commitment to the new program, and may also question your ability to support yourself while you are in Canada.

It's not uncommon for individuals to change their plans or career paths, and this can happen for a variety of reasons. However, when you apply for a study permit, you are required to provide evidence of your intention to study in Canada, including information about your chosen program of study and your ability to support yourself while you are in Canada.

******It's always best to have a clear plan and evidence to support it when applying for a Canadian study permit. It may also be beneficial to explain in your application why you have changed your plans, and to provide any relevant documentation or evidence to support your change in plans.******

Reactions: Zcvxcv

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should be able to show that your choice of programs will lead to career advancement in your home country. There is no need to do a nursing degree in Canada to work as a nurse in your home country. It is pretty clear that your choice of nursing is likely purely for immigration purposes because many immigration programs are catered to accepting nurses. It is a step backwards in terms of salary and degree difficulty (still difficult to be a nurse but it is an undergrad program not a second entry professional program). Web design also didn’t make sense. No need to come to Canada to do a web design course and it shows no career progression and a drastic change of fields without any good reason.