+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in family (marriage) after submission of documents for FSWP

skhilav

Apr 3, 2020
Hi Guys,

I received an ITA under Express Entry (FSWP) and submitted my documents for the same on 10 Nov 2022. I am already in Canada as of now.

I may be getting married in February 2023 (will be travelling to India) so would need to add the name of my spouse to my FSWP profile. I am just a bit concerned regarding the below mentioned points:

1) Should I keep her PCC and Upfront medical ready before marriage and submit them to IRCC as soon as I inform them of a change in family composition or should I apply for these only after I have raised a webform to inform them ?

2) I know the current processing times are pretty long but what happens if I get a CoPR before I actually travel to India and get married i.e. what happens if I get a CoPR before I am able to inform IRCC that there has been a change in my situation ?
Can I add the name of my spouse after getting a CoPR ?

3) I checked on the CRS Score calculator and my score after addition of my spouse is coming out to be 502 (keyed in a reasonable IELTS score and she has a bachelors degree). Considering this and the fact that draws happen every 2 weeks, should I withdraw my file right now and again apply together after I get married ? Are there any downsides to withdrawing one's application ? Does IRCC view a candidate's withdrawn application in bad light ? Will I be able to apply again if I withdraw ?

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with these queries.