+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

change in college and province . Is it possible ?

Priyasehgal22

Nov 13, 2016
HI ! I have been accepted for fanshawee college and want to get transferred to Montreal or winnipeg .
Is it possible ?
I will be going a month before.

waiting for swift replies thanks.

mani_flowers

Oct 26, 2011
you could do that, but you will have to apply for your study permit again to modify your institution and course of study. i dont think you want to take that risk.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
Priyasehgal22 said:
HI ! I have been accepted for fanshawee college and want to get transferred to Montreal or winnipeg .
Is it possible ?
I will be going a month before.

waiting for swift replies thanks.
Absolutely possible without any type of risk/problems.

Once you land in Toronto, apply for course withdrawl, but before that finalize the college/Uni you want to move to
with their LOA and also in case of Quebec there's an extra layer of applying for CAQ which you will get without
any problem.

Once you are done with new admission and withdrawl you log into your CIC account and go for Transfer DLI.

You don't need to apply for a new study permit at all as you will be having a valid postsecondary permit without
any conditions.

Good Luck

ana786

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12
File Transfer...
Oct 17
Med's Request
Nov 1
Med's Done....
Nov 7
Passport Req..
Nov 11
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24
Gymguy said:
Absolutely possible without any type of risk/problems.

Once you land in Toronto, apply for course withdrawl, but before that finalize the college/Uni you want to move to
with their LOA and also in case of Quebec there's an extra layer of applying for CAQ which you will get without
any problem.

Once you are done with new admission and withdrawl you log into your CIC account and go for Transfer DLI.

You don't need to apply for a new study permit at all as you will be having a valid postsecondary permit without
any conditions.

Good Luck
Hey sorry for butting in but can we also do that a year later or must it be done when I first land in Toronto? Like what if someone wanted to change their province/uni next year?

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
ana786 said:
Hey sorry for butting in but can we also do that a year later or must it be done when I first land in Toronto? Like what if someone wanted to change their province/uni next year?
Yes you can without any problem. Since OP is new landing that's why I said 'after landing' and moreover OP will save on fees as She will get a major chunk of it refunded (80-90 %, I guess). The only thing I am not sure is if you can transfer credits to your new course. Quebec doesn't allow transfer credits AFAIK.

Good Luck

ana786

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12
File Transfer...
Oct 17
Med's Request
Nov 1
Med's Done....
Nov 7
Passport Req..
Nov 11
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24
Gymguy said:
Yes you can without any problem. Since OP is new landing that's why I said 'after landing' and moreover OP will save on fees as She will get a major chunk of it refunded (80-90 %, I guess). The only thing I am not sure is if you can transfer credits to your new course. Quebec doesn't allow transfer credits AFAIK.

Good Luck
Oh okay and surely it wont be an issue when we apply for a pgwp later on, I hope lol
Thank you for replying :)

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
ana786 said:
Oh okay and surely it wont be an issue when we apply for a pgwp later on, I hope lol
Thank you for replying :)
Not a problem as long as you apply for PGWP after completion of the next course, as, PGWP is a one-off opportunity only.

Cheers.

ana786

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12
File Transfer...
Oct 17
Med's Request
Nov 1
Med's Done....
Nov 7
Passport Req..
Nov 11
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24
Gymguy said:
Not a problem as long as you apply for PGWP after completion of the next course, as, PGWP is a one-off opportunity only.

Cheers.
Next course? You mean I can only apply for pgwp after bachelors if I finish my course in the current uni?? And if I change it I'll have to do another course for eg: masters and THEN apply? Damn lol

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
ana786 said:
Next course? You mean I can only apply for pgwp after bachelors if I finish my course in the current uni?? And if I change it I'll have to do another course for eg: masters and THEN apply? Damn lol
One off means you get PGWP only once. So plan when you want to get it - now or later is your choice. You can't have it in split mode thats what I meant. If I was in your position I would only apply after completing Master's. Also to be double sure check if you have any condition attached to your study permit before the transfer.

ana786

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12
File Transfer...
Oct 17
Med's Request
Nov 1
Med's Done....
Nov 7
Passport Req..
Nov 11
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24
Gymguy said:
One off means you get PGWP only once. So plan when you want to get it - now or later is your choice. You can't have it in split mode thats what I meant. If I was in your position I would only apply after completing Master's. Also to be double sure check if you have any condition attached to your study permit before the transfer.
Oh okay, got it! Thanks again for your help :)

Priyasehgal22

Nov 13, 2016
Hello ,
Thanks a lot for your positive reply.
Have few more q's "
Initially, I made a paper application through vfs , Chandigarh - India.
don't have any cic account , How should I update that .
secondly , How much time does it take for the Caq ?
can you provide more details on it ? and any further details That are prior before changing.?