+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

change in circumstances after being approved to sponsor?

ambi24

Nov 11, 2021
we were approved to sponsor our parents in 2019..we had baby recently..do we need to update anything...our income qualification is unaffected...worried if we need to update our whole file will be delayed further..its already been more than 3 years!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
You need to update on the addition of family member. It should only affect your income for 2021. Since it's not the year end yet, you can still look into making sure that your 2021 income meet the requirement of the increased family size. IRCC may or may not ask for updated income information of tax year 2021 in case the file is still being processed in 2022.

ambi24

Nov 11, 2021
Shouldn’t be a huge delay if you meet the income requirement.
thanks a lot...we do meet the income requirement...need one more help.......when I try to fill the webform...should I fill it for immigration processing center Mississauga ---who approved us for sponsorship or do we put it for the international office where our parents application is currently- so confused which office to select- also will I be the applicant or enquirer..thanks a ton again for all the help..:)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks a lot...we do meet the income requirement...need one more help.......when I try to fill the webform...should I fill it for immigration processing center Mississauga ---who approved us for sponsorship or do we put it for the international office where our parents application is currently- so confused which office to select- also will I be the applicant or enquirer..thanks a ton again for all the help..:)
Would select the international office if you know that’s where your parent’s application is being processed. Your parents are the true applicants so you could write the letter on their behalf with their cooperation if you are not their representative. You would then indicate that they have a new grandchild and include birth certificate.