+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change from working holiday visa to tourist visa

on_611

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hi, if I wanna change working holiday visa to tourist visa and wanna stay longer than 6 months to travel, should I apply for visitor visa or visitor record?

If I don't get the reply before my working holiday visa expire, am I allow to stay in Canada with implied status until I get the reply?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi, if I wanna change working holiday visa to tourist visa and wanna stay longer than 6 months to travel, should I apply for visitor visa or visitor record?

If I don't get the reply before my working holiday visa expire, am I allow to stay in Canada with implied status until I get the reply?
Just use the extend stay as a visitor process and yes you can stay pending a decision so may get a few extra months. No way to tell how long you might get with any decision may just be how convincing you are with your itinerary with no work.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay.html

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Obviously stop working the date your WHV finishes but you are good to stay once you have submitted your flip to visitor as long as you submit it in the 30 days before the the WHV expires. WHv participants do this all the time

on_611

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
I will stop what if they rejected the application, do you know within how many days I must leave the country?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I will stop what if they rejected the application, do you know within how many days I must leave the country?
If the visitor app is refused, you will be out of status as of the refusal date and must leave as soon as possible. Within 30 days seems to be the standard given here on the forum.

The key thing will be showing that you have sufficient proof of funds to support your extended stay without working.

on_611

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
If I wanna apply tourist visa and stay for one year, how much fund (minimum)should I have to convince them?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If I wanna apply tourist visa and stay for one year, how much fund (minimum)should I have to convince them?
Visitors are generally expected to have a few thousand dollars for normal short visits. For a year, tens of thousands of dollars. I would not ask for a year. You likely have more chance of refusal.

on_611

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
I proof that I have more than ten thousand dollars and I request 1 year because of my common -law partner will have 1 more year working holiday visa, do you think it's better chance to accept ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I proof that I have more than ten thousand dollars and I request 1 year because of my common -law partner will have 1 more year working holiday visa, do you think it's better chance to accept ?
No, wanting to stay with your partner doesn't give you a better chance.

on_611

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
oh no...because I searched online, they said that the best way is apply tourist visa, if the result like you said, they won't give me even 6 months tourist visa:( is there anyway I can do? I don't wanna separate with my partner

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
oh no...because I searched online, they said that the best way is apply tourist visa, if the result like you said, they won't give me even 6 months tourist visa:( is there anyway I can do? I don't wanna separate with my partner
You can certainly apply. However, having a partner in Canada and asking for a year indicates very strong ties to Canada, not like a true visitor.