+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change from Open Work permit to study permit

mas001

Dec 12, 2019
Hello guys,
I have an open work permit based on my wife's study permit. Now I have a chance to start a Ph.D. and I need to change to study permit as soon as possible.

Based on the government website it takes 5 weeks to process the new application. Does it take 5 weeks for me even with an open work visa?

Thanks,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello guys,
I have an open work permit based on my wife's study permit. Now I have a chance to start a Ph.D. and I need to change to study permit as soon as possible.

Based on the government website it takes 5 weeks to process the new application. Does it take 5 weeks for me even with an open work visa?

Thanks,
1. Yes, same for you as everyone else. Plus more time if you have to do bio metrics

Shereen7393

Aug 28, 2018
Hello guys,

Thanks,
How long did it actually take? There is study permit and a study permit extension category as well, which category is for change of status from open work permit to study permit?

Last edited:

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hello guys,

Thanks,
Have you already got the study permit?