+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

change from entreprneur to spouse sponsor

tfeh

Nov 2, 2008
Hi
will it be possible to change from entreprneur to spouse sponsorship without leaving Canada. My wife and children are Canadian.
I am having a lot of problems with lifting the conditions. Getting fed up.
if i am allowed to change to spouse sponsor. will I lose my days spent in canada for citizenship? I have all my days for citizenship?

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can withdraw your application for entrepreneur PR and apply for spousal PR but it is possible that you can have both applications going at the same time. You have to call CIC and ask. If you do not have PR yet, you can not have all your days for citizenship already. You can apply for citizenship if you have 1095 days in Canada over a 4 year period after getting PR. You can count days in Canada before you are PR only as 50% value so to get 1095 days in 4 years, you need to have at least 2 years as PR for 730 days plus 2 years before that as not PR 730 days counting as 365.

tfeh

Nov 2, 2008
I have been a perminent resident for over 5 years and I live in canada. I just renewed my PR card for another 5 years. I want to apply for citizenship I have more than enough phisical days in canada. The only problem is they are not lifting the intrepreneur conditions. So I was wondering if I can switch from intrepreneur to spouse sponsor.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, I am not familiar with these entrepreneur conditions. Does that mean you can not apply for citizenship? Maybe you should talk to an immigration lawyer.

ghiaskhan

Entrepreneurs Immigrating to Canada under the 1976 Immigration Act:
You will want to look at the Entrepreneur Counselling and Monitoring Guide, 1976 Act if conditions 70, 72 or 73 are listed on your permanent resident document. You have two years to meet your conditions of permanent residence.

Entrepreneurs immigrating to Canada under the 2002 Immigration and Refugee Protection Act:You will want to look at the Entrepreneur Counselling and Monitoring Guide, IRPA if conditions 74, 75 or 76 are listed on your permanent resident document. You have three years to meet your conditions of permanent residence.

In your IMM 5486B you must have read Failure to comply with regulatory conditions may result in enforcement action.

If you fail to meet the conditions imposed on your admission, enforcement action may be taken which could
lead to you and your family members being removed from Canada.

If you are experiencing difficulties meeting your conditions, contact your local Citizenship and
Immigration Centre as well as your provincial business immigration contact (see Appendix C) as soon
as possible. These representatives may provide information, assistance and counselling opportunities.
(read following)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5479E.pdf

In such a difficult situation you must see an immigration Lawyer for further alternatives.