+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change Conditions Open Work Permit after the medical exam

Marco000000

Jun 12, 2010
To the experts,

My wife and I are both having a open work permit, but their are restrictions on it: "Not authorised to work in 1) child care, 2) primary or secondary school teaching, 3) health services field occupations"

* At the moment we are residing in Canada, but we want to remove the restrictions. Can these restrictions be removed AFTER receiving an open work permit?
* What is the best time to apply for the removal of these restrictions? How do I know that the immigration office have received the medical reports?
* Are their other issues to know first before applying for the removal of these restrictions?
* What can I request for? Can the work permit be extended in the same application for the removal of the restrictions?
* Do I have to send my application to vegreville or can I go in person to the immigration office in Buffelo (USA) to change the conditions immediately?

I hope that somebody can give me some advise.

Greetings,

Marco00000

vinem

Feb 15, 2014
Hello All,

As I have tried the flag poling at the US- Canada border today, I am glad to share some info related to "Work Permit Change Conditions".

I had to change one of the conditions in my IEC work permit which restricted me working in Healthcare Related Job. I had applied for change conditions in paper format to CPC- Vegreville. As I haven't received any response within the specified time, I called up CIC. One of the call center assistant informed that the application has not yet picked. He suggested to try flag poling.

As I had Visa Waiver to Enter USA , I traveled today to USA and came back to Canadian Border through Rainbow Bridge with the work permit. Informed the officer at the booth about the change conditions. He issued an yellow paper and directed us to the CBSE building. An officer asked me to provide the E-Medical Document . He verified it and issued a new Work Permit after condition #3 removed. I have paid $155 as fee.

For those who have no visa to enter USA :Go to USA side and tell the officer that you are here for Work Permit Renewal / Change conditions. They will issue you an administrative Refusal Document and redirect you back to Canada. Go to CBSE and tell inform them about your work permit. They will do it for you.

My suggestion is : For change conditions , its allways better to try at the border before sending application to CPC-V.

Good luck Everyone.

I personally thank all members of this forum, especially PMM.

nathanjon

Sep 19, 2015
vinem said:
Hello All,

As I have tried the flag poling at the US- Canada border today, I am glad to share some info related to "Work Permit Change Conditions".

I had to change one of the conditions in my IEC work permit which restricted me working in Healthcare Related Job. I had applied for change conditions in paper format to CPC- Vegreville. As I haven't received any response within the specified time, I called up CIC. One of the call center assistant informed that the application has not yet picked. He suggested to try flag poling.

As I had Visa Waiver to Enter USA , I traveled today to USA and came back to Canadian Border through Rainbow Bridge with the work permit. Informed the officer at the booth about the change conditions. He issued an yellow paper and directed us to the CBSE building. An officer asked me to provide the E-Medical Document . He verified it and issued a new Work Permit after condition #3 removed. I have paid $155 as fee.

For those who have no visa to enter USA :Go to USA side and tell the officer that you are here for Work Permit Renewal / Change conditions. They will issue you an administrative Refusal Document and redirect you back to Canada. Go to CBSE and tell inform them about your work permit. They will do it for you.

My suggestion is : For change conditions , its allways better to try at the border before sending application to CPC-V.

Good luck Everyone.

I personally thank all members of this forum, especially PMM.
\

Thanks for the post vinem, I'm going to try this Wednesday to get my conditions changed. One question; did you need to show proof of funds, proof of insurance etc when you went down as it is applying for an open work permit?
Thanks

Thronion Alb

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
\

Thanks for the post vinem, I'm going to try this Wednesday to get my conditions changed. One question; did you need to show proof of funds, proof of insurance etc when you went down as it is applying for an open work permit?
Thanks
Im the same situation. Did u wenr at rhe border?

amandeep12

Oct 17, 2019
Hello experts,
I have the same question as Marco mentioned above.
I want to remove this condition from my PGWP. So, please if anyone can advise me, what I should do either go to the border services or apply online?
waiting for your response
Amandeep