+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change Address

Joe7

Mar 30, 2014
Hi everybody

I will change my place soon and i found i can change my address online. its give me some options one of them is P.O Box
is it that means i can rent PO Box from Canada post? and is that Ok to my cause because i got RQ after Test and interview

Regards

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joe7 said:
Hi everybody

I will change my place soon and i found i can change my address online. its give me some options one of them is P.O Box
is it that means i can rent PO Box from Canada post? and is that Ok to my cause because i got RQ after Test and interview

Regards
Hi why dont you provide your new address? Or you can request canada post for mail forwarding.
I just move to my new place yesterday and requested for mail forward problems solved

Joe7

Mar 30, 2014
Because i will moving to basement and the house owner is living in upper floor and he couldn't give me key for postal box and anything will coming he will give it to me

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joe7 said:
Because i will moving to basement and the house owner is living in upper floor and he couldn't give me key for postal box and anything will coming he will give it to me
Then change address on CIC website, ask your local Canada post office to transfer your mail to a new address (4 months for 60$) and tell your landlord that you are going to use his/her mailbox. Nothing to worry about.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it enough to change address online or do we actually need to call for that. I heard some ppl changed address but they still received notices to the old one.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
I moved from a city to another, and I did not change my address. All what I did is 'mail forwarding". However, some letters were forwarded and some others were delivered to the old address!

It is Canada Post!

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 said:
I moved from a city to another, and I did not change my address. All what I did is 'mail forwarding". However, some letters were forwarded and some others were delivered to the old address!

It is Canada Post!
The problem with this option is if the process last longer and you receive RQ they may ask you for all addresses where u lived before or they may ask you in interview where u live. How you gonna prove you live in the same address they have on file? How about your DL and Health cards ? did you update address on them ? if so remember you will show them on interview day and they will find out you moved and didn't bother to change your address with CIC.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
Goldline said:
The problem with this option is if the process last longer and you receive RQ they may ask you for all addresses where u lived before or they may ask you in interview where u live. How you gonna prove you live in the same address they have on file? How about your DL and Health cards ? did you update address on them ? if so remember you will show them on interview day and they will find out you moved and didn't bother to change your address with CIC.

I do not see any problem to have a different address you live in than the one in file. You will prove that you are living at your real address using real documents and papers. The one in file is your choice so that you do not change local office.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
Is it enough to change address online or do we actually need to call for that. I heard some ppl changed address but they still received notices to the old one.
yes I did mine online too. first i am hesitated because i am waiting for the oath letter and i dont want to be in any trouble. But at the end of the day I change it online. After 2 days i saw the new address in ECAS and i got the letter in my new address