+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chang Study Permit

EugeneR

Jul 22, 2017
Hello,

I just landed in Canada with a 2-year study permit under a 2 year diploma , however, I also have a letter of acceptance from another college as well.

My agency used the 2 year diploma to get my study permit as they believed it's easier to get passed the system like this, however, I intend to study in the other college right now. That college offers me a 1 year certificate and I already paid for full tuition.

And I plan to put the 2 year diploma program (that I'm currently registered with IRCC) later than this 1 year certificate program, so in total 3 years study period. But how do I start from changing my current study permit to that 1 year college? And subsequently add 2 more years into it? As this study permit right now is registered with the 2 year diploma program and approved by IRCC.

Thank you

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Study permits do not need to be changed when switching schools at post secondary level. You just need to update your dli on myCIC website. You will need to apply for extension before it expires in 2 years.

Why are you doing this route for 3 years instead of the 2 directly? 2 years of study will get you a 3 year work permit. But it depends on your reasons I guess.