+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of TRV Visa with Invitation letter?

Malik2022

Jan 17, 2022
I would like to ask few questions from respected members for their valuable comments

I have taken admission in University of Toronto for one month course scheduled in May 2022 after payment of fee in advances i also recieved acceptance letter.
My visa application refused because "I will not leave Canada after my visit........ u/s 179". In the said refusal, I did not provide any invitation letter. Rest, I also provided every information along with evidences required with visa application.

Now I have arranged Invitation letter from a well-established friend in Canada, who will guarantee my stay, and other expenses plus assure that I will return back to my country on the specified date.

Q1. Should i re-apply my visa?
Q2. Will Invitation letter be helpful?
Q3. How much chances increase for visitor visa with Invitation letter ?
Q4. How invitation letter / PR status of my friend will be verified?.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I would like to ask few questions from respected members for their valuable comments

I have taken admission in University of Toronto for one month course scheduled in May 2022 after payment of fee in advances i also recieved acceptance letter.
My visa application refused because "I will not leave Canada after my visit........ u/s 179". In the said refusal, I did not provide any invitation letter. Rest, I also provided every information along with evidences required with visa application.

Now I have arranged Invitation letter from a well-established friend in Canada, who will guarantee my stay, and other expenses plus assure that I will return back to my country on the specified date.

Q1. Should i re-apply my visa?
Q2. Will Invitation letter be helpful?
Q3. How much chances increase for visitor visa with Invitation letter ?
Q4. How invitation letter / PR status of my friend will be verified?.
Why aren’t you applying for a study permit?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/eligibility.html

Order GCMS notes for full reasons of refusal, as reason under 179 can mean anything - funds, ties to home country, travel history, residency etc.

As for invitation letter, it can add to it. However you are going to study not visit so not sure how the letter will strengthen your application. You need to pay your own expenses.

Reactions: Malik2022

Malik2022

Jan 17, 2022
Why aren’t you applying for a study permit?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/eligibility.html

Order GCMS notes for full reasons of refusal, as reason under 179 can mean anything - funds, ties to home country, travel history, residency etc.

As for invitation letter, it can add to it. However you are going to study not visit so not sure how the letter will strengthen your application. You need to pay your own expenses.
Thanks

The reason for not applying Study permit is time limitation. I am government servant and has been allowed leave for the said course only.

Is there any other way that someone else guarantee that I will leave CANADA after my visit. Seriously, I have zero percent interest in living in CANADA beyond allowed stay.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks

The reason for not applying Study permit is time limitation. I am government servant and has been allowed leave for the said course only.

Is there any other way that someone else guarantee that I will leave CANADA after my visit. Seriously, I have zero percent interest in living in CANADA beyond allowed stay.
Order GCMS notes because not leaving Canada can mean many things. What is the course - many programs are still online due to Covid? Where do you live? What is your vacinnation status? Usually you don’t need a study permit for a short course but IRCC has been getting stricter especially with Covid. Coming for a short course during closures due to Covid may be a reason.

If you reapply, include the letter of invitation with job letters that you will return home. Include travel history, funds, property, family ties. No one can guarantee that you will leave Canada.

Malik2022

Jan 17, 2022
Order GCMS notes because not leaving Canada can mean many things. What is the course - many programs are still online due to Covid? Where do you live? What is your vacinnation status? Usually you don’t need a study permit for a short course but IRCC has been getting stricter especially with Covid. Coming for a short course during closures due to Covid may be a reason.

If you reapply, include the letter of invitation with job letters that you will return home. Include travel history, funds, property, family ties. No one can guarantee that you will leave Canada.
Thanks alot for your concern and reply