+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of tourist visa acceptance HELP

Tahani

Aug 14, 2018
Hi
So my parents and I have been planning to visit my older brother who is a PR in Canada. My dad already has his visa from a previous trip, so just my mom and i applied. My mom's a government official so we attached an official letter from the ministry of foreign affairs of our country to our applications, which stated that theyre aware my mom will be leaving with me and my dad for 2 weeks to Canada.im currently a 3rd year engineering student here and i attached a copy of my student ID card as proof of my ties to the country. Our financial documents are perfectly fine. We also showed our ticket bookings to prove we will be returning in 2 weeks However, we didnt attach any invitation letters from my brother since my dad will be sponsoring the trip and is better off financially than my brother who works as an engineer there. We thought showing his finances might prove him unable to support us, so we left it out. Do you think this could cause our visa to be denied? Thank you i advance.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would have suggested that you and your mother apply separately because as a student you are the less likely to get approved. I also would have included an invitation letter with a detailed itinerary for your stay. In general it is not advisable to buy tickets before receiving a visa. Best of luck.

Reactions: Tahani

Tahani

Aug 14, 2018
Would have suggested that you and your mother apply separately because as a student you are the less likely to get approved. I also would have included an invitation letter with a detailed itinerary for your stay. In general it is not advisable to buy tickets before receiving a visa. Best of luck.
We both got multiple entry visas until our passport expires. Thank you for your advice though! :)