+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of student visa approval?

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
It's reputation precedes it. I am here in Canada and I attended a Tech/Business summit few weeks ago in Saskatoon and there were people from all over Canada there. UCW, Crandall and Ambrose university were particularly mentioned in discussions as employers tend to avoid graduates from there - not because they are private, but because of lack of quality.

I know people go the study route for the ultimate goal of getting a PR, but to that, after you've completed your program you will need a long term job in the professional NOC to pursue a PR application. If employers won't hire you, you will have a hard time meeting that requirements.

Also, as mentioned above, VOs knows that this school accepts every Tom, Dick and Harry and that their admissions requirements are not as stringent, therefore they will most likely be attended by students who do not genuinely want to study. Hence, the higher refusal rates we see for private universities and colleges in general.

Like you said, if you opt for a private DLI, you'll need a lot of luck to accompany your application.
Fair points. But I still feel in some industries like hospitality, etc. your years of experience and the brands you have worked with is what gets you the job and not just a degree. It is off course necessary and supplements your profile but not merely a deciding factor. Applicants do need to keep this in mind if they are freshers and public in this case would definitely be the best option if they have no experience to back themselves up.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Fair points. But I still feel in some industries like hospitality, etc. your years of experience and the brands you have worked with is what gets you the job and not just a degree. It is off course necessary and supplements your profile but not merely a deciding factor. Applicants do need to keep this in mind if they are freshers and public in this case would definitely be the best option if they have no experience to back themselves up.
I agree, but not completely. Univ/College reputation matters a lot. Its huge, even if you are experienced. Because the students in your class matter a lot. Your thinking and the way you approach problems will change when you have a superior crowd around you. This intern will help you in landing jobs faster. But if someone is kickass in their own terms then nothing matters. But how many of us are kickass? Very less, including me :)

Reactions: itsmecan

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
I agree, but not completely. Univ/College reputation matters a lot. Its huge, even if you are experienced. Because the students in your class matter a lot. Your thinking and the way you approach problems will change when you have a superior crowd around you. This intern will help you in landing jobs faster. But if someone is kickass in their own terms then nothing matters. But how many of us are kickass? Very less, including me :)
That is a totally true. I would hate to study with students who are not motivated or don't contribute in any way. My only concern with public is the steep requirements, I just don't have time for GMAT and stuff as I have a very busy work routine and even if I do the fees for international students is so high. From what I read, UCW now doesn't take direct MBA applicants if you don't have experience or you have not studied business before. You then will first have to complete a foundation course and then move up to MBA. I know that UNI had a terrible management which changed and are now really trying to fix their reputation.

But that being said, Public universities will remain far more superior as they are non profit and it is always for wellbeing of students whereas Private will be focusing more on profitability and hence they would compensate on the quality if need be.

Reactions: yesWeCanada

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
Hey, any update on your application? I hope you got good news?
I have 2 fears.
1. Some people on the forum says I can still be rejected. Even though mostly rejections come alongwith BVL but it's not a hard and fast rule.
2. Since I've deferred to Jan 2022 intake VO might be relax in giving a decision as there is still time till January. VO might take another 2 or 3 months on it. Is it true??
Really iam in the middle of the air.

• Wow
Reactions: yesWeCanada

Sarjain

Sep 30, 2021
I have a query regarding student visa. I'm planning to apply for an MBA in Canada. I've got good GMAT and IELTS scores. I had created a profile in express entry pool last year in FSW category. My mother had immigrated to Canada 2 years back and has acquired citizenship there. Will these act against my study visa application? What are my visa approval chances?

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
I have a query regarding student visa. I'm planning to apply for an MBA in Canada. I've got good GMAT and IELTS scores. I had created a profile in express entry pool last year in FSW category. My mother had immigrated to Canada 2 years back and has acquired citizenship there. Will these act against my study visa application? What are my visa approval chances?
If you meet the requirements of the study permit, your chances are 100%.

If you don't meet the requirements, your chances are 0%

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
This will be tough, since you need to show that you will come back to home country. But your mother is a Canadian citizen. So think careful and move forward. Do this very carefully and get more insights from others. Have you tried to go to Canada with your mother's status? I feel that could be better option. Give us more details.

Sarjain

Sep 30, 2021
This will be tough, since you need to show that you will come back to home country. But your mother is a Canadian citizen. So think careful and move forward. Do this very carefully and get more insights from others. Have you tried to go to Canada with your mother's status? I feel that could be better option. Give us more details.
Thanks for the reply. What additional details are required? She's married there and I am not dependent on her financially. So I cannot apply under family sponsorship. How else can I approach the situation?

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Thanks for the reply. What additional details are required? She's married there and I am not dependent on her financially. So I cannot apply under family sponsorship. How else can I approach the situation?
You can mention that you are dependent on her and that you will come back to home country. You need to show family ties and other commitments in home country so that you will come back. Your SOP should be very good explaining the benefits of doing this MBA, career progression and that you have ties back home and that you will return. You also need to show financial readiness so that you are not dependent on her. What is your age, work exp? etc...

Sarjain

Sep 30, 2021
You can mention that you are dependent on her and that you will come back to home country. You need to show family ties and other commitments in home country so that you will come back. Your SOP should be very good explaining the benefits of doing this MBA, career progression and that you have ties back home and that you will return. You also need to show financial readiness so that you are not dependent on her. What is your age, work exp? etc...
I have a house in my name in my home country. An MBA aligns with my professional experience as a banker. I stay with my sister who is also financially independent. I'll be funding my education by means of a bank loan. Will the chances improve if I apply to colleges in other provinces than the one my mother resides in? Age 27 W.exp 5 years

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
I have a house in my name in my home country. An MBA aligns with my professional experience as a banker. I stay with my sister who is also financially independent. I'll be funding my education by means of a bank loan. Will the chances improve if I apply to colleges in other provinces than the one my mother resides in? Age 27 W.exp 5 years
Ok, dont forget to get all your assets in your name CA certified. Getting course in another province could help. But I dont think it should stop you from getting a SP just because your mother is there. You should apply with proper prep, including very good SOP. Good luck! Dont worry, prepare well for the app.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Nothing yet sis..
It's been 13 days since i got my BVL. No clue.
Thanks for remembering me.
Stay blessed
Yes, you could still get refused but don't think negative.
I don't think your deferral will delay your decision. Since you already got BVL, your application has already been decided on. it's just a matter of your local VO sending you the correspondence now.

Still hoping/praying for a positive outcome for you.

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
Yes, you could still get refused but don't think negative.
I don't think your deferral will delay your decision. Since you already got BVL, your application has already been decided on. it's just a matter of your local VO sending you the correspondence now.

Still hoping/praying for a positive outcome for you.
Hmmm..yes ur right..my VO is Abu Dhabi.
Thanks a lot dear!!