+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of refusal?

rak123

Apr 6, 2017
Hello,

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Around 10 years ago, my parents applied for us to immigrate to Canada, but their application was rejected.
I recently applied as a student for a study permit to Canada, solely with the intention of studying and then coming back, but my application was rejected. The refusal letter stated this reason: "You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered : purpose of visit"

Are they refusing me because my parents once applied for our immigration? Or is it just because my application was not strong enough?

Thank you in advance!

Regards

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
rak123 said:
Hello,

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Around 10 years ago, my parents applied for us to immigrate to Canada, but their application was rejected.
I recently applied as a student for a study permit to Canada, solely with the intention of studying and then coming back, but my application was rejected. The refusal letter stated this reason: "You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered : purpose of visit"

Are they refusing me because my parents once applied for our immigration? Or is it just because my application was not strong enough?

Thank you in advance!

Regards
They are refusing you because they believe you will not return once you are done.
Your application was not strong enough.
They cannot deny you because you apply 10 yrs ago.
They do not even deny people to study who has an active Provincial Nominee program application.

You can reapply again this time make sure that your previous education matched with your current work and your program in Canada has a link.
Also, if you can provide a letter from your future employer that they will accept you once you are done with your study it will greatly help your application.

rak123

Apr 6, 2017
Thanks for the reply!

So this means that previous refusals do not increase chances of rejection in a study permit?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
rak123 said:
Thanks for the reply!

So this means that previous refusals do not increase chances of rejection in a study permit?
For study permit, Yes.

EdmontonDreamer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Embassy
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2018
LANDED..........
01-09-2018
does the visa officers reject study visa applications on the basis of marks in studies shown to justify gap between 12th and now. i am going for a program in lethbridge college which admission requirement is 12th but i have appeared for my bachelors this year. so will they focus on or reject my application on the basis of my bachelors marks.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
EdmontonDreamer said:
does the visa officers reject study visa applications on the basis of marks in studies shown to justify gap between 12th and now. i am going for a program in lethbridge college which admission requirement is 12th but i have appeared for my bachelors this year. so will they focus on or reject my application on the basis of my bachelors marks.
Visa officer don't deny base on grades.
They only look if you are a genuine student or not.

EdmontonDreamer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Embassy
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2018
LANDED..........
01-09-2018
kapatid said:
Visa officer don't deny base on grades.
They only look if you are a genuine student or not.

but i saw in other posts of this forum that visa applications are rejected on the basis of low academics. my 10th & 12th marks are very good, but unfortunately my bachelors marks are a bit low. showing bachelors to justify gap between 12th till now. so will my bachelors marks affect my application???

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

EdmontonDreamer said:

How does it make sense to apply for 'a high school program' when you are already a graduate? What do you think how visa officer will react?

bijo

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Friends, I have a doubt. Will Canadian universities share our credentials( information like academic,IELTS,work ex etc) with the visa officer?

ADEBOLA8310

Apr 9, 2017
Hello

I have been admitted by Algonquin college for a diploma in practical nursing . I am 33 years old, I am married with 2 kids.

I have BSc Chemistry from University Of Ibadan Nigeria in 2008 and have been working in the banking industry 2011 till date. I have always been passionate about health care. This is because my mom suffers from sickle cell anaemia, The breaking point for me was when my dad passed on in my laps enroute the hospital , I applied to study nursing , but all I could get was a diploma to study practical nursing.

I read this online: Canada does not encourage career change. My study or work experience must tally with my proposed program.

You should first be aware that it is not only in Nigeria that people are applying to enter Canada... it's from all over the world.. including people from USA... So first recognize that the competition is high... Hence a diploma program or programs not directly related to your UG or present employment is a tough sell. Your least consideration should be a postgraduate diploma.... Also cos of age!
2. When it comes to Canada... Change of careers or claims of setting up something after your program will usually not fly!.... You should stick to a program ONLY directly related to your UG course or employment.
Who can assist with this please?

bijo

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Friends, I have a doubt. Will Canadian universities share our credentials( information like academic,IELTS,work ex etc) with the visa officer?

EdmontonDreamer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Embassy
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2018
LANDED..........
01-09-2018
bimboajayi said:
Bros you need a strong SOP.to convince the visa officer.and a strong connection to your home .pray.
Thank you for your suggestion. i will try to make my SOP as strong as possible and show home ties, and rest depends on God all mighty.