+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of passing the medical exam as a kidney transplant patient

NehaP

Mar 20, 2015
My father has a similar situation with kidney transplant done in 2017. I applied for my Parents PR and received the medical request this month. I will keep posted on the journey and experience regarding the medical tests in case of renal transplant patients for permanent residency application consideration.

Wish good luck and health to everyone!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My father has a similar situation with kidney transplant done in 2017. I applied for my Parents PR and received the medical request this month. I will keep posted on the journey and experience regarding the medical tests in case of renal transplant patients for permanent residency application consideration.

It is very dependent on the individual’s reasons they needed the transplant, when they had the transplant, other Heath issues, etc.

Farazkh

Sep 19, 2021
Hi,

I am 3-year post liver transplant patient and I am going to apply for the express entry program. I would really appreciate it if you could share your experience and let me know how medical exam went for you. Thanks!

@Tim#1
@azizn03
@NehaP

vishal22

Sep 30, 2021
Hello,

I had Kidney Transplant in 2014 in India, Now Planning to move Canada, What Issue should i face in Medical Test ? Is there any rejection chances in Medical test ?

I had contacted with many Visa Consultancy, They said won't be any issue in Medical Test because your disease is not Communicable.

Here, anyone have faced this situation?

Please share your valuable response. It will be helpful to me for further decision.

Regards,

Vishal Patel

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I had Kidney Transplant in 2014 in India, Now Planning to move Canada, What Issue should i face in Medical Test ? Is there any rejection chances in Medical test ?

I had contacted with many Visa Consultancy, They said won't be any issue in Medical Test because your disease is not Communicable.

Please share your valuable response. It will be helpful to me for further decision.

Regards,

Vishal Patel
The consultants are wrong. It could certainly be an issue. It's not only communicable diseases that are a problem but also any condition that IRCC may feel will place excessive burden on Canada's health care system. If IRCC feels there is a high chance you may need dialysis or another kidney transplant within the next 5-10 years, then it's possible you may be refused for medical reasons. Ultimately you won't know until you go through the process and see how your medical is assessed.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,

Regards,

Vishal Patel
What immigration route do you plan to apply? Sound like your consultant is referring to medical for spousal sponsorship.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am planning to apply through Express Entry.
In that case you can be refused due to excessive demand. So it's possible that you may get through successfully and also possible you may not due to your transplant. You'll have to try and see what happens.

Reactions: YVR123

rajan_soni

Aug 2, 2014

Hi Neha, Did you get any status on your parents file?

Dharinder

Nov 26, 2019

Hi Neha,
What’s status on your application. And what’s your father’s age and now their health condition