+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of getting visitor visa

bubence

Nov 18, 2011
I would appreciate if you can give me some feedback about the chances of getting a visitor visa for my brother. Here is his history:

• He is 23 years old and he’s a full time student in my country
    He’s not married, but he is in a long term relationship
    We have 2 uncles who are Canadian citizens
    He visited Canada 2 years ago while he was working in USA (he stayed around 20 days in Toronto – he didn’t overstay)

I’m currently in Canada and I’m the process of getting PR (I’m on a work permit at the moment). Since I don’t have a PR yet, one of our uncles will provide the invitation letter and also he will cover the expenses during his stay.

Please share your thoughts and let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
It will be a new application, generally a previous visa/visit will help but don'y rely on it completely. You need to satisfy the officer that he is just visiting and will go back

CaymanGirl

Apr 29, 2013
He should have no problem obtaining the visa at all! Make sure to submit all required documents and be generous in providing additional documents to convince the visa officer that he will return to his home country. I submitted a letter from my employer stating my title, annual salary, and approved vacation time for this purpose. As well as paid round trip ticket.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
CaymanGirl said:
He should have no problem obtaining the visa at all! Make sure to submit all required documents and be generous in providing additional documents to convince the visa officer that he will return to his home country. I submitted a letter from my employer stating my title, annual salary, and approved vacation time for this purpose. As well as paid round trip ticket.
3 family members - strong ties to Canada. Very common reason to deny a visa. He has also worked in the USA, which CIC could read as an intent to try to get into a Western country (immigrate). If he doesn't list strong assets in his home country (house, business), he will probably not get approved.

studentvisa13

Jan 13, 2013
Since your brother is a full time student, he can provide details about it. If someone is in the middle of a 4 yr degree, its usually considered a strong reason to return back. I once visited Canada when i was in Uk as a full time student.

Just like the Cayman girl mentioned, be generous in providing official documents that will satisfy the officer - that the person is only going for couple of weeks and has full intention and reasons to return back.

bubence

Nov 18, 2011
Thanks all for the responses, I really appreciate it.

The most interesting part is that the first time he got the visa so easily. He just made a walk-in in Buffalo (this was 2 years ago) and he just had the invitation letter from my uncle (and all other requirement documents of course). And his USA J-1 visa which was about to expire.

And now when I read the posts in this forum it sounds impossible :(

CaymanGirl

Apr 29, 2013
When I was a full time student in the US, I submitted proof of class enrollment with my visa application. He can also provide a letter from his school stating that he is a full time student, in good standing, who is enrolled in whatever program, also include an expected graduation date if possible. I would also provide the latest transcript to proof that your brother is serious about his studies and fully intend to return and finish it in your home country. A reference letter from one of his professor maybe?He can also provide a police clerance certificate, to proof that he is also a law abiding citizen.

If he currently live in a rented apartment, make sure to provide a copy of his rental agreement, this is to proof that he is legally tied to a contract back home.

Its always better to go above and beyond in providing official documents that can be verified eg. Letter from his school, transcript, contract agreements etc. Basically anything and everything that will proof his close ties to his home country. This will significantly help strengthen his application.