Interview........
no
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2016
LANDED..........
23-07-2016
Hi guys, I am applying for visitor visa for my mother in law as a Family visit to stay for couple of months and see new born baby.We are both Permanent Residents here but wife is not working

I have an issue that she doesn't use Bank account much the bank balance was never maintained. Can we take the statement by depositing the cash she currently hold? or will it create problem?

She has property on her name with about 1 CR in Indian Rupees(about 200,000 CAD). Is it ok if I just put the Property documents but not her bank statements. I am including my Bank statements of about 6 months (with about $13000), Paystubs, Employment letter.

She is alone in India, one of her daughter is in UAE and one in Canada married (not working). My concern is in terms of having ties with India will be a problem for her as there is no immediate family member in India (but she has brothers and sisters, can we prove this as reason to go back to India?)

It would be really grateful if somebody gives there valuable response on the chances of getting visa approved.

Thanks in Advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi guys, I am applying for visitor visa for my mother in law as a Family visit to stay for couple of months and see new born baby.We are both Permanent Residents here but wife is not working
Do keep her visit to 3-4 weeks max. She can stay longer later if required.

And, don't mention about the baby. Purpose of visit: To spend time with you and your family, sightseeing, activities, etc.

I have an issue that she doesn't use Bank account much the bank balance was never maintained. Can we take the statement by depositing the cash she currently hold? or will it create problem?
1. What's the source of the cash?
2. Does she file tax returns?
3. Does she have any other financial investments: FDs, RDs, mutual funds, stocks, pension funds, etc?

She has property on her name with about 1 CR in Indian Rupees(about 200,000 CAD).
Is it leased/rented? If yes, does she earn rent?

Is it ok if I just put the Property documents but not her bank statements.
For a TRV, she must prove she has the finances to pay for the visit.

If she is unable to prove her financial situation, you could consider applying for a super visa if you're eligible to host her.

I am including my Bank statements of about 6 months (with about $13000), Paystubs, Employment letter.
Your financials are supplementary for a TRV.

She is alone in India, one of her daughter is in UAE and one in Canada married (not working). My concern is in terms of having ties with India will be a problem for her as there is no immediate family member in India (but she has brothers and sisters, can we prove this as reason to go back to India?)
You would need to work hard to prove she has reasons to return to India because she does not have any ties (based on your post).

Does she have any event/compelling tie to return to? For example, a wedding/family event in the immediate family?

Her family ties to Canada outweigh those to India. Married siblings of your mom/family members who are not dependent on her are not reasons to return

kskumar

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-10-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with documents request
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
pre medical
Med's Done....
pre medical
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2016
LANDED..........
23-07-2016
Thank you very much for the response @Bryanna

Sorry forgot to mention. She is into Agriculture business and that is her income source and we do not have tax on Agriculture income so no taxes are being filed. But she got an income certificate (of about 2,80,000 INR per year). She doesn't have any Financial Investments unfortunately.

She has house in Village but its not rented. combining both Agricultural land and House property comes to about 1 CR INR.

Do keep her visit to 3-4 weeks max. She can stay longer later if required.

And, don't mention about the baby. Purpose of visit: To spend time with you and your family, sightseeing, activities, etc.

1. What's the source of the cash?
2. Does she file tax returns?
3. Does she have any other financial investments: FDs, RDs, mutual funds, stocks, pension funds, etc?

Is it leased/rented? If yes, does she earn rent?

For a TRV, she must prove she has the finances to pay for the visit.

If she is unable to prove her financial situation, you could consider applying for a super visa if you're eligible to host her.

Your financials are supplementary for a TRV.

You would need to work hard to prove she has reasons to return to India because she does not have any ties (based on your post).

Does she have any event/compelling tie to return to? For example, a wedding/family event in the immediate family?

Her family ties to Canada outweigh those to India. Married siblings of your mom/family members who are not dependent on her are not reasons to return

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you very much for the response @Bryanna

Sorry forgot to mention. She is into Agriculture business and that is her income source and we do not have tax on Agriculture income so no taxes are being filed. But she got an income certificate (of about 2,80,000 INR per year).
1. Does she file a Form J?
2. Is the agricultural land legally owned by her?
3. Can she prove she must return to India for some aspect of the agriculture business?
4. So she has not deposited any of the agriculture income she earns in a bank, right? Is it reinvested into the business? If yes, can she prove it?

She has house in Village but its not rented. combining both Agricultural land and House property comes to about 1 CR INR.
Do post the documents she intends to submit + any compelling reason to return to India at the end of her visit?

kskumar

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
pre medical
Med's Done....
pre medical
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2016
LANDED..........
23-07-2016
Thanks again. Yes she owns the property and she has legal documents to prove that.

Unfortunately no she doesn't file any J Forms. It is all cash based transactions. The income generated is all being used for her own expenses and there are no proofs of that.

Can we support ourselves by writing a letter that her both daughters are not currently working and so the visit would be shorter as I (her son-in-law) is bearing the expenses for her visit like Flight, Stay and food and she is not educated or speak English to actually come and get a job here legally or Illegally.

1. Does she file a Form J?
2. Is the agricultural land legally owned by her?
3. Can she prove she must return to India for some aspect of the agriculture business?
4. So she has not deposited any of the agriculture income she earns in a bank, right? Is it reinvested into the business? If yes, can she prove it?

Do post the documents she intends to submit + any compelling reason to return to India at the end of her visit?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks again. Yes she owns the property and she has legal documents to prove that.
Okay

Unfortunately no she doesn't file any J Forms. It is all cash based transactions. The income generated is all being used for her own expenses and there are no proofs of that.
It's going to be impossible to prove she can pay for the trip.

Maybe apply for a super visa instead?

Can we support ourselves by writing a letter that her both daughters are not currently working and so the visit would be shorter as I (her son-in-law) is bearing the expenses for her visit like Flight, Stay and food and she is not educated or speak English to actually come and get a job here legally or Illegally.
I'm not sure if this line of reasoning is going to work.

Let's see her profile:
1. Property and agriculture land: Good assets but not ties that need her to return by a specific date

2. Agriculture business: Cash income = Not a legit business = Not an employment/business tie to return to

3. Agriculture income: Again, paid as cash + no tax returns = Cannot prove legit income = No finances for the visit

4. Children abroad = No family ties to return to India

kskumar

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
pre medical
Med's Done....
pre medical
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2016
LANDED..........
23-07-2016
Got Lucky this time. it worked. Got approval within a week of application for TRV online. Thanks @Bryanna for cautioning to be extra careful.

Just another question : Should we wait for at-least about 15 days to 1 month before we sponsor for others (my parents?)

Reactions: SHENJUTI

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
@kskumar
Congratulations. Can you please tell what does did you submit ( both you and your mother-in-law). How did you present the invitation letter and cover letter?
Thanks

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
@kskumar,
Congratulations!! Can you please tell what documents did you submit (both you and your mother-in-law). How did you present invitation letter and cover letter?
Thanks

kskumar

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
pre medical
Med's Done....
pre medical
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2016
LANDED..........
23-07-2016
Hi @SHENJUTI . Submitted everything we have, She is into Agricultural business so Passbook of Lands, Income certificate, CA report with evaluation of Lands and House and Bank statement.
From my side I included Bank statements for last 3 months, Paystubs 3 months, Offer letter, T4, PR cards
Invitation letter I have written mentioning reason like to see her first grandson and that I have enclosed all my above documents and mention that the period (in my case I mentioned 2 months) she will be staying

And I had a support letter to support why would she go back showing relations (siblings, other family) and other daughter in different country

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Got Lucky this time. it worked. Got approval within a week of application for TRV online. Thanks @Bryanna for cautioning to be extra careful.
This is great news. Congrats :)

Just another question : Should we wait for at-least about 15 days to 1 month before we sponsor for others (my parents?)
They can apply anytime. Again, your parents must prove their strong ties + a good financial situation (your financial support for the total X persons) would help

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Hi @SHENJUTI . Submitted everything we have, She is into Agricultural business so Passbook of Lands, Income certificate, CA report with evaluation of Lands and House and Bank statement.
From my side I included Bank statements for last 3 months, Paystubs 3 months, Offer letter, T4, PR cards
Invitation letter I have written mentioning reason like to see her first grandson and that I have enclosed all my above documents and mention that the period (in my case I mentioned 2 months) she will be staying

And I had a support letter to support why would she go back showing relations (siblings, other family) and other daughter in different country
@kskumar ,
Thank you so much for responding. Did you only send the invitation letter with above documents? May I have the Invitation letter and Sample letter that you used?
Thanks again :)

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018

I would also like to thanks @Bryanna. She is so helpful :)