Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
no
Hello Everybody

I am helping one of my friend here to apply for visitor visa for his brother
I just wanted to find out if I am missing any documents to apply for visitor visa.

File is almost ready to apply for visa

1. visa Application form 5257
2. Family information form
3. 2 Pictures

Documents for friends

1. Invitation letter (Notarized).
2. PR Card (Permanent resident from over one year)
3. Employment letter (working in company from last 1 year with 50K)
4. T4 for last year
5. Bank Statement for April (10K plus)
6. Salary Slips last 3 months.
7. passport copies.

Documents from India from his Brother. (Employed in government job)
(Married with two kids of age 10 and 3) his wife is a government employee too

1. Passport Copy and Original passport
2. Official Letter of Leave to visit Canada (Government job from last 17 years)
3. Tax Returns from Last 3 years.
4. Bank Statement from India for last 6 months (over Rs. 8 Lac/ $15,000 plus)
5. Marriage Certificate
6. Property papers
7. Car ownership papers

his Brother applied for his leave from his office last month but his office took one month to give him leave letter which says he is allowed for a leave to visit Canada from 5th may 2014 to 27 June 2014
5th may is already done and my friend is writing in letter of invitation from 25th may to 25th june and he will apply around or before 15th May 2014

please check if documents are good enough to prove officer with family ties or do we need more.

also what are the chances of getting visa?

Thanks

Syrus

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chances are good but let anybody explain why his brother is traveling alone? Or at least with his wife? IT IS VERY UNUSUAL for Canada. And it looks like they all have enough money so it is not a money issue.

syrust

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
no
Regina said:
Chances are good but let anybody explain why his brother is traveling alone? Or at least with his wife? IT IS VERY UNUSUAL for Canada. And it looks like they all have enough money so it is not a money issue.
He is travelling alone because his wife didn't get leave from work and kids go to school and his mother who is widowed can't stay home alone she is old. so somebody needs to be at home to take care of his mother as well.

he is just travelling because my friend is buying a house and he just needs help in choosing a house and go around.
he doesn't want to stay in canada after 1 month. he is well settled in India.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then let him explain all his family circumstances in hie letter to VO. The only thing is still strange : does not that home buyer have any friends in Canada with a better knowledge of Canadian homes who could help him ?

syrust

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
no
Regina said:
Then let him explain all his family circumstances in hie letter to VO. The only thing is still strange : does not that home buyer have any friends in Canada with a better knowledge of Canadian homes who could help him ?
its not about having knowledge, he just want his family member to be here in his big buy, he can buy a house he wants but you know its like being with somebody or say share happiness, thats all it is and ofcourse he wants to meet his brother and show him places around like simple tourism.

syrust

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
no
Regina said:
does there need to be an extra letter to VO other then these documents? like should we add one more letter explaining that he is coming to meet his brother since they haven't met for over 1 and half year and my friend can't take off from work from his office to go to india
and also we can mention his ties to home by writing about family and his employment in india?

is there any example format for that letter or we should just apply with these documents which I have listed?

Thanks

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, he should write a letter to VO explaining all the circumstances. There is no samples, it is all up to him how and what to describe and to explain and how to convince.

smartlife

May 9, 2014
Hi

I recently applied and received visa and the documents provided were as follows:

Invitation letter and PR/ Passport / Citizen card from my Host

Rest was all my own documents namely Employment reference letter and bank statements (including work bank account)

The most important thing is that your friends brother needs to provide sufficient evidence that he will go back to India as a result the main ones are family ties, job and property. As you have provided all that it looks fine.

Its better his brother mentions in his invitation letter that he has not met him for over an year and that is why he has invited him over, all he should right in his letter of support is the reason why despite a longer leave period he is going for a shorter period.

syrust

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
no
smartlife said:
Hi

I recently applied and received visa and the documents provided were as follows:

Invitation letter and PR/ Passport / Citizen card from my Host

Rest was all my own documents namely Employment reference letter and bank statements (including work bank account)

The most important thing is that your friends brother needs to provide sufficient evidence that he will go back to India as a result the main ones are family ties, job and property. As you have provided all that it looks fine.

Its better his brother mentions in his invitation letter that he has not met him for over an year and that is why he has invited him over, all he should right in his letter of support is the reason why despite a longer leave period he is going for a shorter period.

i think writing a cover letter with explanation would be great which I am going to put with all these documents for him.

thanks for info