+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of getting student visa.

Naviel

Jan 3, 2016
Hello everyone, My name is Naviel Ahmed. I am from Bangladesh. I am currently a student of East West University in Bangladesh and I want to transfer my credits to a Canadian University. Before studying in East West University I had a study gap of two years but I am currently a running student and I currently have a GPA of 3.65 in Computer Science and my IELTS score is 7, also my sponsor has sufficient funds and home economic ties. Do you think I have any chance of visa refusal?

Abbas1

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
You may give it a try, however regarding your transfer credit, you may have to apply first and ask for transfer credit assessment, some schools in Canada are not going to be helpful regarding transfer credit so you may end up losing some time

Good luck

Naviel

Jan 3, 2016
Thanks bro but I am really concerned that my previous 2 year gap, will it jeopardize my chances of getting the visa even though I am currently a running student?

phoenix9

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Apply you will get it

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naviel said:
Thanks bro but I am really concerned that my previous 2 year gap, will it jeopardize my chances of getting the visa even though I am currently a running student?
if you can explain the gap with good proof : worked, took another program etc. it should be fine.

If you stayed at home or traveled , still you need to present a proof of what you did during those years.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
you can explain the gap. But getting transfer credit is very difficult. It also depends on university. My brother had a big difficulty in transferring credits from one Canadian university to another