+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of getting pr after 1 year pg diploma in ontario.

Harry22

Mar 17, 2013
Visa Office......
VFS CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2013
IELTS Request
7.0(L-9.0, S-6.5, R-6.5, W5.5)
Passport Req..
01-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
indianstudentenquire said:
thank you Harry. God bless you.

my profile is:-

have more than 5 years of experience in website development.

betch in E.C.E with 69 % in 2008
10th 60%
10+2 56%

ilets band.6.5 min and 7 overall.

I think it will be better for me to go in sep as in those provinces most of the courses related to my field start in sep.

Do you have any idea about the technology management course in red river college?
if yes, do you think I can apply for that?

thanks,
Hello,
I suggest you to apply for International Business PG- Program and Intake is Jan and May. So, now you can go for May 2014 intake.

Thanks
--
Harry

indianstudentenquire

Dec 29, 2013
thank you so much Harry.

what are the chances of getting visa you think in my case? I have mentioned my profile in the above post.
.and international business, that course is not mentioned as a may intake on red river college site.

thanks

jucadrp

Sep 20, 2013
You have to convince the immigration that you are able to:

1- Pay for the first year of education in Canada (advised to pay before application and submit the proof of payment). If you`re going to pay in to installments, you have to show available funds for the second installment;
2- Pay your expenses in Canada. Got to be AT LEAST C$10,000 + C$4,000 per person that eventually come with you.
3- Pay your fly ticket back home. People advise to be AT LEAST C$1,000 per person.
4- Prove enough ties with your country. This can be: Property own proof (like an apartment), letter from an employer guarantying you job when you come back to your country, etc.

Its advised that you choose a course that have something to do with your actual (or future, the letter that I mentioned in item 4) job and your previous education.

I`m not an expert, so, correct me if I made any mistakes.

Have a good luck fellow!

Harry22

Mar 17, 2013
Visa Office......
VFS CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2013
IELTS Request
7.0(L-9.0, S-6.5, R-6.5, W5.5)
Passport Req..
01-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
thank you so much Harry.

what are the chances of getting visa you think in my case? I have mentioned my profile in the above post.
.and international business, that course is not mentioned as a may intake on red river college site.

thanks
Chances are good. Be Positive :)
Yes, it is not mentioned over their website but it is available in MAY intake.
you can confirm it via emailing them.
Thanks
--
Harry

Sparky_Dave

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you Harry. God bless you.

my profile is:-

have more than 5 years of experience in website development.

betch in E.C.E with 69 % in 2008
10th 60%
10+2 56%

ilets band.6.5 min and 7 overall.

I think it will be better for me to go in sep as in those provinces most of the courses related to my field start in sep.

Do you have any idea about the technology management course in red river college?
if yes, do you think I can apply for that?

thanks,
hello buddy
I am a technology management student at red river college in winnipeg, manitoba.
This program is superb and its of just 8 months.
Red river also is the most reputed college in manitoba.

omi khan

Nov 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
It's going to be pretty difficult. You would be far better off taking a 2 year course.

To qualify for PR, you will need to complete one year of full time skilled work experience so that you can apply for PR through CEC. If you only take a 1 year course - then you'll only get a 1 year PGWP. Skilled jobs aren't necessarily easy to find and your PGWP may run out before you have the experience you need to apply for CEC.

If you take a 2 year course - then you'll get a 3 year PGWP and greatly increase your chances of qualifying for PR.

I think taking a 1 year PGD is very risky and not a good plan.
hi scylla..

what if we extend our study permit upon completion of 1 year course and get admission in another 1 year course..this makes a total of 2 year study..can we get a pgwp for 2 or 3 years on the basis of this 2 year study??

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
Hey Buddy,

There is no point in going with 1 years courses if you have a long term plan of being in Canada.
I would suggest you to opt for 2 Years program with co-op option.
As you will be earning a decent amount while doing CO-OP which can be used to pay the fee for another years education.
Also you can opt for an education loan to fund your education as most of the people going for studies abroad go with education loan.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
omi khan said:
hi scylla..

what if we extend our study permit upon completion of 1 year course and get admission in another 1 year course..this makes a total of 2 year study..can we get a pgwp for 2 or 3 years on the basis of this 2 year study??
See the thread at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/two-1-year-pg-diplomas-t178925.0.html

I think you will find the answers that you seek, there.

William G

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
scylla said:
It's going to be pretty difficult. You would be far better off taking a 2 year course.

To qualify for PR, you will need to complete one year of full time skilled work experience so that you can apply for PR through CEC. If you only take a 1 year course - then you'll only get a 1 year PGWP. Skilled jobs aren't necessarily easy to find and your PGWP may run out before you have the experience you need to apply for CEC.

If you take a 2 year course - then you'll get a 3 year PGWP and greatly increase your chances of qualifying for PR.

I think taking a 1 year PGD is very risky and not a good plan.
Hello Friends,

the most imp questions asked in this forum for which I'm not able to find answers.

1. Can a 1 + 1 year diploma consecutively from 2 different colleges fetch 3 years PGWP ? (eg. 1 year diploma from Centennial (Sept intake, Ontario) and then 1 year diploma from Red River college ( Jan intake, Manitoba). is it possible?
2. Can two different diploma's from two different provinces fetch me 3 years PGWP.
3. While applying for second year diploma in another province what are the visa approval chances. (study visa)
4. what are the risks involved in point no 3.
5. Can I do a similar program the second year? How will the visa officer assess it? since I'm repeating the course but from a different college and different province.(for 3 years PGWP). what are the risks involved in it? how to go for it ?
6. What are the PR chances in Manitoba, Alberta, and SASKS.

Please guys help me.?

omi khan

Nov 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh-ak said:
Hey Buddy,

There is no point in going with 1 years courses if you have a long term plan of being in Canada.
I would suggest you to opt for 2 Years program with co-op option.
As you will be earning a decent amount while doing CO-OP which can be used to pay the fee for another years education.
Also you can opt for an education loan to fund your education as most of the people going for studies abroad go with education loan.
i am going for 1 year pg certificate in seneca.. is this possible to change my course from 1 year pg certificate to 2 or 3 year diploma having co-op option after reaching canada??

others please also suggest
thanks

indianstudentenquire

Dec 29, 2013
Hello Sparky Dave,

Is this techonolgy management course available for may intake?
can you confirm it from college if possible?
and you had a look at my profile do you think I am eligible for that?

thanks in advance friend.

Sparky_Dave

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Sparky Dave,

Is this techonolgy management course available for may intake?
can you confirm it from college if possible?
and you had a look at my profile do you think I am eligible for that?

thanks in advance friend.
No only sept intake.
Yes, i think you are good to go.

sunils13290

Jul 26, 2014
hi friends, i rqst u guys to clarify my doubt, if i cmplt one year pgd i will get one year PGWP, my question is will i get study permit after my PGWP again...???

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
sunils13290 said:
hi friends, i rqst u guys to clarify my doubt, if i cmplt one year pgd i will get one year PGWP, my question is will i get study permit after my PGWP again...???
Yes you can. Why you wana do that?