+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of getting pr after 1 year pg diploma in ontario.

indianstudentenquire

Dec 29, 2013
hello,

my question is how can one get a pr after completion of 1 year post graduate diploma course in Ontario. what are the different ways or loop holes. Please suggest.

thanks for your great help to people here. people like Tiger deserves a great blessing from all who has helped all. Nevertheless, thanks to all who shared their good knowledge.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's going to be pretty difficult. You would be far better off taking a 2 year course.

To qualify for PR, you will need to complete one year of full time skilled work experience so that you can apply for PR through CEC. If you only take a 1 year course - then you'll only get a 1 year PGWP. Skilled jobs aren't necessarily easy to find and your PGWP may run out before you have the experience you need to apply for CEC.

If you take a 2 year course - then you'll get a 3 year PGWP and greatly increase your chances of qualifying for PR.

I think taking a 1 year PGD is very risky and not a good plan.

indianstudentenquire

Dec 29, 2013
thank you friend God bless you.

My buget is not much :( all the 2 year course are around 25000 dollar. and my budget for tutuon fee is max 15000 dollar.

my profile is:-

have more than 5 years of experience in website development.

betch in E.C.E with 69 % in 2008
10th 60%
10+2 56%

ilets band.6.5 min and 7 overall.

any course than you can suggest in my meager budget?

and what if i go saskethwen or manitoba for 1 year post graduate diploma? any possibility of pr there?

thanks a ton.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Instead of CEC (Federal program) try PROVINCIAL. Usually for provincial immigration program you need 6 months of job experience in Canada or just a job contract to apply for PR.

indianstudentenquire

Dec 29, 2013
Is this PNP(6 months for exp or full time job letter) is applicable in Ontario as well. and do i need to work in particular NOC class job?
Do i need to work in my field of study only?

thanks

Harry22

Mar 17, 2013
Visa Office......
VFS CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2013
IELTS Request
7.0(L-9.0, S-6.5, R-6.5, W5.5)
Passport Req..
01-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
indianstudentenquire said:
Is this PNP(6 months for exp or full time job letter) is applicable in Ontario as well. and do i need to work in particular NOC class job?
Do i need to work in my field of study only?

thanks
No, Its not applicable in Ontario. It is applicable in MB, SK, AB. but you have to study in one of these provinces to get eligible for 6 month PNP rule.

indianstudentenquire

Dec 29, 2013
thank you Harry. God bless you.

my profile is:-

have more than 5 years of experience in website development.

betch in E.C.E with 69 % in 2008
10th 60%
10+2 56%

ilets band.6.5 min and 7 overall.

I think it will be better for me to go in sep as in those provinces most of the courses related to my field start in sep.

Do you have any idea about the technology management course in red river college?
if yes, do you think I can apply for that?

thanks,

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is applicable in MB, SK, AB.
And BC.

Yes, you have to study there first but topicstarter is just planning to come to Canada as a student. That means he should consider provincial programs for getting PR as well. Especially if he can enroll only into a one year program.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harry22 said:
No, Its not applicable in Ontario. It is applicable in MB, SK, AB. but you have to study in one of these provinces to get eligible for 6 month PNP rule.
Yes, there is a PNP for ontario as well but you must have a valid study permit and either 2 years of study in Canada AND an employer willing to go through the motions of being pre-approved, or a masters of PHD no employer needed.

indianstudentenquire

Dec 29, 2013
Yes offcourse I red it my friend and thank you for sharing such a valuable knowledge.

what if I do 1 year course and work for 1 year. will it be possible to earn money around 10,000 dollar to apply for one more 1 year course?

will it be possible to earn that much of money?

will it be possible to apply, on the basis of that 1 year experience as a pgwp after first course, while studying in second course, for pr?

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are aware that PGWP is ONLY a one time offer. You can\t get a PGWP after studying again. And you will need the PGWP to be able to find an employer willing to got through the process. I wouldn't risk it.

As for funds. Look at minimum wage. Multiply that by 160 hrs a month and then again by 12. Deduct your rent, food, transportation, entertainment, clothes, medicines, etc. If what is left is enough to cover another year of studies (which is more like $14000 in tuition fees). Did that work out?

Reactions: DaWebWiz

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
itstime said:
You are aware that PGWP is ONLY a one time offer. You can\t get a PGWP after studying again. And you will need the PGWP to be able to find an employer willing to got through the process. I wouldn't risk it.

As for funds. Look at minimum wage. Multiply that by 160 hrs a month and then again by 12. Deduct your rent, food, transportation, entertainment, clothes, medicines, etc. If what is left is enough to cover another year of studies (which is more like $14000 in tuition fees). Did that work out?
Good post. Also deduct taxes. Definitely nowhere near enough to pay for another year of studies.