+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of Getting ITA

new_here2023

Jan 23, 2023
Hello this is my first post on this forum. I just read the messages.

I would like to know what are my chances of getting an ITA. I am currently in the express entry pool with a score of 459. Here is some background information. I live in Ontario with my husband and two children. We are both on work permits expiring at the end of 2024. I have a PGWP. We are old for immigration purposes. He is 46 and I'm 45. So we have no age points. We have both maxed out our English language tests points and we don't know French. We each have about a year and a half work experience in Canada and my husband has a sister who is a Canadian citizen. My husband works as a financial advisor and I'm in internal audit at a bank. What are our chances of getting an ITA, should we look at moving to another province to possibly get an PNP. We have been living here since 2019 and the kids are settled. We really don't want to go back home. If you need any more info let me know and thanks for any suggestions.

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
You can move to Atlantic provinces or Manitoba or Saskatchewan or any province for that matter but first check their PNP streams and eligibility criteria. If you are eligible and satisfy the requirements for that province , you can make a move based on your family situation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

I would like to know what are my chances of getting an ITA. I am currently in the express entry pool with a score of 459. Here is some background information. I live in Ontario with my husband and two children. We are both on work permits expiring at the end of 2024. I have a PGWP. We are old for immigration purposes. He is 46 and I'm 45. So we have no age points. We have both maxed out our English language tests points and we don't know French. We each have about a year and a half work experience in Canada and my husband has a sister who is a Canadian citizen. My husband works as a financial advisor and I'm in internal audit at a bank. What are our chances of getting an ITA, should we look at moving to another province to possibly get an PNP. We have been living here since 2019 and the kids are settled. We really don't want to go back home. If you need any more info let me know and thanks for any suggestions.
Chances with EE ITA are low. You need to research PNPs to see what provinces you are eligible. For Atlantic provinces, Manitoba and BC you need job offers. Saskatchewan may be an option but your SINP score may not be high enough and is dependent on whether your NOC is in demand. Sme for Alberta.

Reactions: new_here2023

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Have the primary applicant learn French. Yes, this is a pain and a fair amount of work. But I would be doing what you can to increase your points at this point in the game.

Assuming you work for one of the big banks, an LMIA is not going to be possible for you as a way of increasing your points (the banks don't do LMIAs). The banks also will not complete the employer paperwork required for the Ontario PNP streams. Your husband will likely find he faces the same limitations.

I agree that you should consider switching provinces to one where the PNP options are easier. Your in one of the hardest provinces right now.

new_here2023

Jan 23, 2023
Chances with EE ITA are low. You need to research PNPs to see what provinces you are eligible. For Atlantic provinces, Manitoba and BC you need job offers. Saskatchewan may be an option but your SINP score may not be high enough and is dependent on whether your NOC is in demand. Sme for Alberta.
I will do some research into the PNPs for Alberta and Saskatchewan. Would 2 years be enough time to complete the process? What would the likelihood of getting through? I know we started the process late as immigration tends to favor younger persons. I'm realizing that studying and in Canada and working here doesn't necessarily guarantee getting a PR. I also started the process before the pandemic when the scores were much lower.

new_here2023

Jan 23, 2023
Have the primary applicant learn French. Yes, this is a pain and a fair amount of work. But I would be doing what you can to increase your points at this point in the game.

Assuming you work for one of the big banks, an LMIA is not going to be possible for you as a way of increasing your points (the banks don't do LMIAs). The banks also will not complete the employer paperwork required for the Ontario PNP streams. Your husband will likely find he faces the same limitations.

I agree that you should consider switching provinces to one where the PNP options are easier. Your in one of the hardest provinces right now.
Thanks I'm the primary applicant. Well we both have profiles in the pool but my score is the higher one and I'm the only one who studied in Canada. I could learn French but I don't think it would help that much in Ontario. We may have to look at moving to another province.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks I'm the primary applicant. Well we both have profiles in the pool but my score is the higher one and I'm the only one who studied in Canada. I could learn French but I don't think it would help that much in Ontario. We may have to look at moving to another province.
Learning French and taking the French language test will add to your EE score. So it will help regardless of the province.

new_here2023

Jan 23, 2023
I also have one question. I know it is still far off but if we stay in Ontario and my PGWP expires, does that mean I'll have to stop working right away and leave Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I will do some research into the PNPs for Alberta and Saskatchewan. Would 2 years be enough time to complete the process? What would the likelihood of getting through? I know we started the process late as immigration tends to favor younger persons. I'm realizing that studying and in Canada and working here doesn't necessarily guarantee getting a PR. I also started the process before the pandemic when the scores were much lower.
SINP is based on SINP score and NOC selection. You can see SINP draws on the website and see if your NOC is selected and at what score. Alberta doesn't publish NOCs so you don't know if your NOC is selected. You are favoured more if you live, work and studied in the province and have family there.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I also have one question. I know it is still far off but if we stay in Ontario and my PGWP expires, does that mean I'll have to stop working right away and leave Canada?
If your PGWP expires, you must stop working and change your status to visitor. Same for your spouse, he must stop working once permit expires and change status. You lose OHIP and any benefits you may be getting like CCB. Children may or may not be allowed to attend school if you and your spouse are visitors.

Reactions: YVR123