+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of getting asylum

Human786

Oct 19, 2016
Hi. My story is . In 2009 there was huge christian muslim ruits in gojra (Pakistan) many died and many houses were burnt down to ashes. I was living in same town. I am a muslim btw. And many muslim were attacking christian in my town. There was few christian running for shelter and i let them hide in my house. I was single then. The lived there for few days and no one knew about their presence and then army was deployed in my town and they took over the control and pulled back attackers . When it was safe for them all the christian went out and went to the army's shelter. After few days people came to know that they were living in my home. And they were making threats to me so i moved to another city. And started living there. My parents were very worried about me. The tell me to leave the country for some tome as it was dangrous for me to live in pakistan. I went to england on study permet. And after 2 years i came back and got married and went back to england to complete my studies. After completing my studies i came back to pakistan and started living there. Things were going very good but from last few months i am again reciving threats from unknown numbers. I have 2 sons. They are threatining me to kill them. Somone fired bullets on my house 4 times in last 5 months. I have security guard now at home but still feeling that my family is on a big risk here. I am already 35 years old. Already wasted few years of my life because of this incident. Dont want to waste others. Just want to k ow if i have chances to get asylum in canada. So i can try to get a trv and move here.
I have police FIR i made when my house was attacked.
I have affidavits from the persons i saved that night.
I have a letter from the father or the church of that are explaining that how i helped them.
Can i prove in canana and can i get asylem on that basis? Please waiting for your honest opinions

irvah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Vancouver, BC
In order to claim refugee status, you have to show if you made any efforts to try to get state protection (if so, what was the result? If not, why not?)

You also have to show that there is no place in Pakistan where you and your family would be free from risk, and where it would be reasonable to go and to stay.

You would need to explain if you made any attempts to seek refugee protection in UK where you spent two years. There are reciprocal agreements in place for information sharing, including (but not limited to) Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and many European Union countries and it is a regular practice now to send the fingerprints of all refugee claimants looking for a positive "match" for matters such as immigration applications, refugee claims or visa applications made to/in those countries.

You can take a look at this case: http://canlii.ca/t/g6tr8
The case was refused but you might get an idea how panel is working to determine whether on a balance of probabilities the claimant faces a risk to his life if returned to Pakistan.

Human786

Oct 19, 2016
Thanx for replying sir/madam. I haven't voilated any imigration laws in uk and neither applied for an asylem in uk as i was pretty aure that people will forget this incident and my life is going to be normal. I have evidence that i traveled about 1100 km away from where these ruits happend and my home was under fire 3 times. i have filed police cases and i have copies of those firs. Police haven't arrested a single person even i told them history of incoing calls.i don't know what to do. Have already contacted with some uk lawers and they told me that acceptance ratio in uk is very low. I am stuck here.

irvah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Of course you can try, but, unfortunately, nobody can promise you that your claim will be accepted.

Please be aware that in case if your refugee claim will be rejected:

- any of your work experience gained (while a refugee application is in progress) cannot be counted as experience towards any Canadian immigration program
- you cannot apply for H&C if you get a negative decision from the IRB within the last 12 months
- in case of any further action (for instance, application for temporary visa) IRCC will always take into consideration the fact that your previous refugee claim was rejected
- after hearing you will have to leave Canada within 30 days (after 30 days without legal status the person will be detained for deportation)

You could consider immigration instead of refugee claim, it might help you to leave the country.

LuckyGirl88

Oct 21, 2016
Human786 said:
Hi. My story is . In 2009 there was huge christian muslim ruits in gojra (Pakistan) many died and many houses were burnt down to ashes. I was living in same town. I am a muslim btw. And many muslim were attacking christian in my town. There was few christian running for shelter and i let them hide in my house. I was single then. The lived there for few days and no one knew about their presence and then army was deployed in my town and they took over the control and pulled back attackers . When it was safe for them all the christian went out and went to the army's shelter. After few days people came to know that they were living in my home. And they were making threats to me so i moved to another city. And started living there. My parents were very worried about me. The tell me to leave the country for some tome as it was dangrous for me to live in pakistan. I went to england on study permet. And after 2 years i came back and got married and went back to england to complete my studies. After completing my studies i came back to pakistan and started living there. Things were going very good but from last few months i am again reciving threats from unknown numbers. I have 2 sons. They are threatining me to kill them. Somone fired bullets on my house 4 times in last 5 months. I have security guard now at home but still feeling that my family is on a big risk here. I am already 35 years old. Already wasted few years of my life because of this incident. Dont want to waste others. Just want to k ow if i have chances to get asylum in canada. So i can try to get a trv and move here.
I have police FIR i made when my house was attacked.
I have affidavits from the persons i saved that night.
I have a letter from the father or the church of that are explaining that how i helped them.
Can i prove in canana and can i get asylem on that basis? Please waiting for your honest opinions
The judge can ask you, if police is able to give you protection or not? because you made an FIR against the people who attacked you. the police might have take suitable action to rescue you. so then they will say that your government is giving you protection and you don't need Canada's protection. the problem arises when your own government is not providing you security. but the case is different in your scenario.