+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of finding a Job

hbuhidma

Jan 7, 2014
Hi everyone

I am a fresh geology undergrad from Libya, I was nominated for a Fulbright Scholarship and will be studying in America for 2 years under a J-1 Visa. Do you think that its possible for me to get a job in Canada directly from the states after I get my M.Sc. degree?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Anything is possible - however it is quite difficult for Canadian employers to hire foreign workers.

In order for an employer to hire you, then must first advertise the job for 4 weeks to prove that no Canadian could be hired for the role. If they are unable to find a Canadian, they must then submit paperwork to obtain something called an approved Labour Market Opinion (essentially, permission to hire a foreign worker). If the LMO is approved (not all are), you can then apply for a closed work permit linked to that specific employer.

Because the LMO costs money, requires paperwork, takes time (on top of the advertising requirement, the processing time for the LMO is around another 2 months) and since there's no guarantee of approval - many / most employers aren't willing to go through the process.

Having said that, there's certainly nothing stopping you from trying. I would start looking for a job 8 months before you are scheduled to finish your degree.

tiffanyeric

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-12
AOR Received.
20-12-12
File Transfer...
12-2-13
Med's Done....
7-1-13
Passport Req..
8 - 7 - 13
VISA ISSUED...
Hoping soon
LANDED..........
soon...
Hello everyone,

Im newcomer here in Calgary alberta nov.19,2013... I'm a PR,apousal sponsorship... I'm now looking for a job, Im a Fine-Arts Interior Design graduate in the Philippines,but i did not pursue my career after I graduate.... To make the story short, Im into Retail business for 12 yrs.in the Philippines to present & Im a designer / wedding event coordinator in our country...

Im very enthusiastic in finding job right now, i want to be productive...

Can somebody help me here! Thank you

God bless

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Why don't you give a go at setting up your own little business. In the right city I have no doubt you will be able to do pretty well for yourself

Good luck :)