+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of Canada visa after US rejections

SPK2

Oct 1, 2016
Hi, i want to knw if it will be successful if i apply for canada study visa after 5 study visa rejections from US? They refused without any reason.
My profile is
ielts 7.5 (no module less than 6.5), Gre 310/340, btech 71%, 12th 83%, 10th 87%.
Should i send some letter of explaination for visa along with other docs? Or should i simply apply with docs?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Five study visa refusal is very high. Yes - this could impact your ability to get an approved study permit for Canada.

What are you planning on studying in Canada? I think if you go for a Master's program at a top Canadian university and show strong ties to your home country - then you have a chance of being approved.

dhaliwal_randhawa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 04, 2016
AOR Received.
May 25, 2016
File Transfer...
July 14, 2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
April 14, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16, 2016
LANDED..........
TBD
SPK2 said:
Hi, i want to knw if it will be successful if i apply for canada study visa after 5 study visa rejections from US? They refused without any reason.
My profile is
ielts 7.5 (no module less than 6.5), Gre 310/340, btech 71%, 12th 83%, 10th 87%.
Should i send some letter of explaination for visa along with other docs? Or should i simply apply with docs?
One country's rejection has nothing to do with 2nd country's visa, Canadian Embassy has no way of telling if your US visa was rejected or not.

I applied for canadian visa after my US visa was rejected (I only tried once)

Hope this helps

SPK2

Oct 1, 2016
scylla said:
Five study visa refusal is very high. Yes - this could impact your ability to get an approved study permit for Canada.

What are you planning on studying in Canada? I think if you go for a Master's program at a top Canadian university and show strong ties to your home country - then you have a chance of being approved.
I am planning for masters in software engg in concordia univ quebec. Is this a good univ? How can i show strong ties to my country?

SPK2

Oct 1, 2016
dhaliwal_randhawa said:
One country's rejection has nothing to do with 2nd country's visa, Canadian Embassy has no way of telling if your US visa was rejected or not.

I applied for canadian visa after my US visa was rejected (I only tried once)

Hope this helps
But i read that US and Canada hv data shared abt visa applications. Even Australia, NZ, Canada, UK and US all these 5 Countries have data shared about anyone applying from any 6th country.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dhaliwal_randhawa said:
You are very mistaken on both fronts. Canada and the US share immigration information. We've seen plenty of refusals and bans here for misrepresentation (not admitting to refusals from other countries in an application). If you lied in your application and weren't caught - then you got lucky. Be aware that these same questions are asked again in PR applications - where the background and security checks are far more thorough and any lies are almost always caught. Someone who lies on their study permit application then finds themselves in the bad position when they file for PR since they will then either have to lie again in their PR application (with a very high certainty of being caught) or contradict the information they provided in their study permit. So if you lied in your study permit application and then plan to apply for PR - good luck with that.

A large number of applications and refusal can make CIC concerned the applicant is not a genuine student and is attempting to use the student visa process to move to a different country long term.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
SPK2 said:
I am planning for masters in software engg in concordia univ quebec. Is this a good univ? How can i show strong ties to my country?
Yes - Concordia is a good university.

Ties are generally things that demonstrate you will return to your home country after you complete your studies. I would recommend you look through the old threads on this forum for examples of what others have done.

SPK2

Oct 1, 2016
scylla said:
You are very mistaken on both fronts. Canada and the US share immigration information. We've seen plenty of refusals and bans here for misrepresentation (not admitting to refusals from other countries in an application). If you lied in your application and weren't caught - then you got lucky. Be aware that these same questions are asked again in PR applications - where the background and security checks are far more thorough and any lies are almost always caught. Someone who lies on their study permit application then finds themselves in the bad position when they file for PR since they will then either have to lie again in their PR application (with a very high certainty of being caught) or contradict the information they provided in their study permit.

A large number of applications and refusal can make CIC concerned the applicant is not a genuine student and is attempting to use the student visa process to move to a different country long term.
Thanks for reply, but i did not lie in my application for US. I gave 100% true info. I do not know why they refused me again and again. I do not have any such allegation. In Canada visa application also, I will mention about US refusals. But what should i do to convince them that i am a genuine student and i have strong ties with my country?

dhaliwal_randhawa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 04, 2016
AOR Received.
May 25, 2016
File Transfer...
July 14, 2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
April 14, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16, 2016
LANDED..........
TBD
scylla said:
You are very mistaken on both fronts. Canada and the US share immigration information. We've seen plenty of refusals and bans here for misrepresentation (not admitting to refusals from other countries in an application). If you lied in your application and weren't caught - then you got lucky. Be aware that these same questions are asked again in PR applications - where the background and security checks are far more thorough and any lies are almost always caught. Someone who lies on their study permit application then finds themselves in the bad position when they file for PR since they will then either have to lie again in their PR application (with a very high certainty of being caught) or contradict the information they provided in their study permit. So if you lied in your study permit application and then plan to apply for PR - good luck with that.

I never lied in my application but my US visa rejection didn't affect my visa application for Canada. Thanks for your concern though however I do not need/ask for your expertise.