+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances for MS in CS after 15 years of BE (52.5%) and 5 years of part time MBA (72%)

SemanticLayer

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
When you apply to University, you don't need to disclose you already have an MBA, that's up to you. You'll need to meet certain admission requirements for sure and that's what you need to have proven. That is not a problem.

Regarding your ECA, I don't think IRCC receives any notification from the institution performing this. It's wouldn't make any sense for them to be receiving this information, with what purpose? I am not sure about this but I highly doubt there is any connection. You will receive a report however that you can submit to IRCC,but most certainly IRCC will not check on each study visa applicant whether they've had any credentials assessed or not, because that's not something you need to get a study permit.

First you should worry about getting admission into a program, and then worry how you'll go about when the time to apply for the visa comes, if it comes at all.

Since you have said you completed this MBA online, I'm guessing you did it while working so I am sure you will be able to account for this time in some other way. So you should probably not worry about including this information in your visa application. What you need to do is convince the person assessing your application is why you want to go back to school after such a long time, that's the important thing.
In that case, I think it was me who submitted the report to IRCC because in my WES account, it is mentioned that the ECA report of my Bachelors is also sent to IRCC apart from me. Yes, I completed this MBA while I was working full time.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
You could choose to not disclose your MBA but then the academic institution would only see your 52% and not your 76% making your application a lot weaker in another aspect. So ultimately, you have to make a choice

Reactions: SemanticLayer

SemanticLayer

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
You could choose to not disclose your MBA but then the academic institution would only see your 52% and not your 76% making your application a lot weaker in another aspect. So ultimately, you have to make a choice
Thanks. I have a question.

Will my MBA degree will be advantage in the application? Or I will be considered an overqualified candidate for their Masters program and they will instead ask me to apply for a Ph.D program?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

Will my MBA degree will be advantage in the application? Or I will be considered an overqualified candidate for their Masters program and they will instead ask me to apply for a Ph.D program?
MBA is not a research program, so this wouldn't make you eligible for a PhD. A MBA would certainly not make you an overqualified candidate for a Masters degree. Many poeple have 2 or more Masters degrees., in fact I'm currently completing my second masters.

Last edited:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

Do a Course based Master's, not Thesis based. I have since a few people who have done their MBAs use a Master's to switch into Analytics and such.

babachill

Nov 4, 2018
I have applied for UNB, will keep u posted with update received from Uni. I have somewhat same story as Pr seems impossible but I was looking a further studies as my job has become stagnant & stuck at middle level, giving it a try for Canadian university,,.. let see, I will keep you posted.

I am strictly looking for Management courses in leadership or Mba with Entrepreneurship, I wanted to apply for Laurentian but uni has gone under debt.

Um! will take a call and apply for U o Regina,. I think we can only get answer to our question once we apply for UNI & not by asking consultants, its just a matter of few CAD$ and applications.

Course - MBA - 20 Months applied for
Intake - Sept 2020
Grad - B Com Honours 3 years - 67%
PG - Part time PGM - 3 years - 68%
Work Exp 10 Years in Banking & Financial services at Middle level
IELTS - have to appear
Gmat - Asked for waiver.
Last schooling was in 2012.

I am seeking another university or a mba program to apply without Gmat? any suggestions where fees should be less than 35k & a public uni in Canada.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I have applied for UNB, will keep u posted with update received from Uni. I have somewhat same story as Pr seems impossible but I was looking a further studies as my job has become stagnant & stuck at middle level, giving it a try for Canadian university,,.. let see, I will keep you posted.

I am strictly looking for Management courses in leadership or Mba with Entrepreneurship, I wanted to apply for Laurentian but uni has gone under debt.

Um! will take a call and apply for U o Regina,. I think we can only get answer to our question once we apply for UNI & not by asking consultants, its just a matter of few CAD$ and applications.

Intake - Sept 2020
IELTS - have to appear
Gmat - Asked for waiver.

I am seeking another university or a mba program to apply without Gmat? any suggestions where fees should be less than 35k & a public uni in Canada.
All good universities require GMAT. That's what filters good students and bad students.

babachill

Nov 4, 2018

Intake - Sept 2020
IELTS - have to appear
Gmat - Asked for waiver.

Hi All,

Today, received offer from UNB for MBA with condition to submit IELTS with overall 7 bands,. GMAT waived

Thanks

babachill

Nov 4, 2018

Yes, University of New Brunswick... Applied for university of Regina aswel I'll update on what I'll receive - intake Jan 2021 applied for Masters in Admin - leadership.. GMAT isn't required. Buh I'll stick to UNB as scope is better and snow is almost same in both province. It's gonna be mba in refrigerator anyways. Fees is around 35-40 CAD for complete course from both in masters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simmidas

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hello Guys,

can you please suggest which universities offer MBA without GMAT?
Second, what are the requirements for GMAT WAIVER?

Thanks.