+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chance of visitor visa approval for spouse

akshayar640

Jan 16, 2018
@prakhyyy thanks for the suggestions. We got married and got registered as well. The application hasnt moved even a bit unfortunately and still shows "Submitted". I've raised a webform request asking if they can take a look at her application but no response yet. I'll give it a month as you said and see what happens.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@prakhyyy thanks for the suggestions. We got married and got registered as well. The application hasnt moved even a bit unfortunately and still shows "Submitted". I've raised a webform request asking if they can take a look at her application but no response yet. I'll give it a month as you said and see what happens.
Yes you must update her file and indicate that she is now married and your information. If you don’t update the file that would be considered misrepresentation,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As per my knowledge, I dont think you need to update the marital status for visitor visa . Its based on the status as on application date. Give it a month or two and if you still dont get any decision . its better to withdraw and start fresh applications as married.
This is incorrect. You must update any changes to your application like your marital status.

Reactions: akshayar640

akshayar640

Jan 16, 2018
Update: I got married and I'm now back in Canada. My wife's first application (where she was invited by her cousin) is still untouched (in submitted state). We have applied again; this time I've invited her, as her husband.

I have a few questions, please help me decide.

• Should I withdraw the old application? I'm seeing some reports that the old application gets rejected automatically if they see that there is a new application on the same name.
  • Will the biometrics become invalid if I withdraw the application?

I'm also a bit worried that they might accidentally withdraw both applications so I'm not sure if I should just leave them as is.

Any suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: RajdeepC

prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Update: I got married and I'm now back in Canada. My wife's first application (where she was invited by her cousin) is still untouched (in submitted state). We have applied again; this time I've invited her, as her husband.

I have a few questions, please help me decide.

• Should I withdraw the old application? I'm seeing some reports that the old application gets rejected automatically if they see that there is a new application on the same name.
  • Will the biometrics become invalid if I withdraw the application?

I'm also a bit worried that they might accidentally withdraw both applications so I'm not sure if I should just leave them as is.

Any suggestions welcome.
Hi ,

It is not good to have two cases running in parallel , might create adverse effects in future, I think removing first application and explaining change in scenarios is best option.

akshayar640

Jan 16, 2018
I don't have any bright ideas. But, it occurs to me that if by withdrawing the original application before it gets looked it effectively keeps it from being looked at, I would withdraw. I say that because if you now have 2 applications in the works, and, if the VO looks at both, it will cast you in a bit of a bad light, in my view. It will appear (as is the case) that the first application was based on the fiction that she was coming to Canada to see a cousin. The second application will make it very clear that the motive was to be with the man she planned to marry all along. Thus the message conveyed is that you were prepared to engage in deception at the outset. That might make you appear less trustworthy now.

You mention the first application being untouched as of today. It was submitted in India, right? The IRCC website shows current processing time for TRVs submitted outland in India is 129 days. So, if submitted in March, it's a bit premature to be worried about inactivity I would think.
Thank you very much for your detailed answer. I totally agree with you. The old application is in submitted state so I don't think it has been looked at. And yes, if the visa officer does look at both my applications, it might seem like i had the intent of deception. I have now raised a web form request to withdraw the original application. The new application is only a week old so hoping for the best. The timeline, for Indians, from what I see is all over the place. Some with a similar use-case to mine get it within a week or two, some have been waiting for over 5 months. All we can do is hope for the best I guess. Thanks again.

Reactions: Kaibigan

akshayar640

Jan 16, 2018
Hello there, its been almost a month since I've applied for VV for my wife for the second time. The old application from March has been withdrawn.

Meanwhile, something new has come up in my life, I got a new job. The job is good and pays decent but the downside is that it is in Vancouver and I currently live in Toronto. The job requires me to move to Vancouver within 90 days (mentioned in the offer letter). It is worth moving across the country and hence I took the offer and joined. Now, I have to move in the next 2-3 months and I'm starting to grow desperate about my wife's visa. Her being here will be of huge help not only while moving but also to settle down in Vancouver since I've never been there before.

Should I raise a webform request (my wife will since its her application) updating them with the above information and also request them to look at my application at the earliest for the above reason? Just wanted to check with this group before I raise a request. Please advice.

Thanks.

akshayar640

Jan 16, 2018
Given that you withdrew the original application and your new one is quite new, I doubt a webform at this point will garner much sympathy. Until the move to Vancouver came up, you were prepared to wait. Now, that changed circumstance makes an early arrival time for your wife all the more desirable. I would not expect that to carry much weight with the IRCC.

I do not suppose firing off a webform carries any serious downside risk, although to some, it might be seen as a sign of some desperation to get your wife here and to keep her here. Also, there are many stories on this forum of webforms getting little or no response for long periods.

As an aside, moving from TO to Vancouver, sight unseen, should not prove all that intimidating. I did it some time back. Packed all my stuff in a 5-ton truck, drove out in 5 days and it all worked out. Best of luck to you.
yeah makes sense, let me give the application a few more weeks and see how it goes.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello there, its been almost a month since I've applied for VV for my wife for the second time. The old application from March has been withdrawn.

Meanwhile, something new has come up in my life, I got a new job. The job is good and pays decent but the downside is that it is in Vancouver and I currently live in Toronto. The job requires me to move to Vancouver within 90 days (mentioned in the offer letter). It is worth moving across the country and hence I took the offer and joined. Now, I have to move in the next 2-3 months and I'm starting to grow desperate about my wife's visa. Her being here will be of huge help not only while moving but also to settle down in Vancouver since I've never been there before.

Should I raise a webform request (my wife will since its her application) updating them with the above information and also request them to look at my application at the earliest for the above reason? Just wanted to check with this group before I raise a request. Please advice.

Thanks.
A webform does no harm but given the timelines for VV, I am not sure if this can help you. Go ahead and raise it regardless. Best of Luck

akshayar640

Jan 16, 2018
A webform does no harm but given the timelines for VV, I am not sure if this can help you. Go ahead and raise it regardless. Best of Luck
Thanks, I will wait a couple more weeks and then think about raising the web form. I still have atleast 2-3 months before I move anyway.

akshayar640

Jan 16, 2018
Hello again, just checking in with an update or lack there of because my wife's TRV application is still under processing. Its been 3 months now and I'm wondering if it would help contacting the VO directly. How do I find out which VO is processing the application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello again, just checking in with an update or lack there of because my wife's TRV application is still under processing. Its been 3 months now and I'm wondering if it would help contacting the VO directly. How do I find out which VO is processing the application?
Where does spouse live because 3 months is not a long time.