+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chance of visa refusal after stamping of passport

jaskiratsingh

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
Hi guys!
I want to know is there any chance of refusal or getting denied after getting approval and stamping of passport.
I changed my course because of some reasons in the same college. As we know that our file will go through the entire stage 1 process if anything new is added into our file. I've decided to upload new loa of Jan intake after getting final approval. Therefore, if I do so is there any chance that I may get rejected.

visaaaa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
u can.. u dont get ur study permit until the border agent gives it to you. what u are getting now is a visa and a letter of introduction which gives you the right to apply for a study permit at the border. Most of the time the border agent gives you the study permit but sometimes they may think you are a fraud student and not let you enter Canada

Reactions: primaprime

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi guys!
I want to know is there any chance of refusal or getting denied after getting approval and stamping of passport.
I changed my course because of some reasons in the same college. As we know that our file will go through the entire stage 1 process if anything new is added into our file. I've decided to upload new loa of Jan intake after getting final approval. Therefore, if I do so is there any chance that I may get rejected.
I am sure that if you have a proof that college approved your course change and you message it to IRCC before attempting travel, that would save you a lot of headache at the border. Most likely, in such case you would have to apply to switch programs inside GC Key or present some proof for officer that IRCC authorized this switch

jaskiratsingh

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
I am sure that if you have a proof that college approved your course change and you message it to IRCC before attempting travel, that would save you a lot of headache at the border. Most likely, in such case you would have to apply to switch programs inside GC Key or present some proof for officer that IRCC authorized this switch
From college we only get new Loa and fee receipt of the changed course. When we change college we have to update our gc key account, however, I donot see any such option for the course change.
Do you know anything on this?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
From college we only get new Loa and fee receipt of the changed course. When we change college we have to update our gc key account, however, I donot see any such option for the course change.
Do you know anything on this?
Start with IRCC webform first, they will redirect you for sure. For faster reply, attach your new LOA and receipt of changed course (just webform without the docs they might ignore). There is an option to apply to switch college, but I don’t know if you need to do it yet. Contact IRCC asap

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
your study permit was issued for this course. now if you change colleges and course to one that isnt sensible they have the authority to refuse.
This way everyone will change course to another easy one after getting a study permit which doesn't make sense.
they will have rules in place for such students

jaskiratsingh

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
Start with IRCC webform first, they will redirect you for sure. For faster reply, attach your new LOA and receipt of changed course (just webform without the docs they might ignore). There is an option to apply to switch college, but I don’t know if you need to do it yet. Contact IRCC asap
One thing for which I'm afraid about is, the consequences of the course change. When the aip scheme was launched, ircc didn't included eligibility in stage 2 and that is when I applied for course change.

jaskiratsingh

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
your study permit was issued for this course. now if you change colleges and course to one that isnt sensible they have the authority to refuse.
This way everyone will change course to another easy one after getting a study permit which doesn't make sense.
they will have rules in place for such students
During precovid times they donot object anyone who change course after getting visa.
There are many students who have changed it just because there course was not available in the coming intake.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
One thing for which I'm afraid about is, the consequences of the course change. When the aip scheme was launched, ircc didn't included eligibility in stage 2 and that is when I applied for course change.
Not saying anything is a gamble. I recommend to be honest, especially if you want to get PGWP later on