+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chance informations DS160

gabslourenc

Jun 27, 2022
Job Offer........
Yes
I filled out my DS160 last September to have my interview in August this year in Toronto, but I opened my DS160 now to check and saw that some information is outdated like my address and especially one information that I filled out incorrectly about my husband's occupation and income.
I am not able to update my DS160, is there any way to do it without having to cancel my appointment and pay the fee again?

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
I filled out my DS160 last September to have my interview in August this year in Toronto, but I opened my DS160 now to check and saw that some information is outdated like my address and especially one information that I filled out incorrectly about my husband's occupation and income.
I am not able to update my DS160, is there any way to do it without having to cancel my appointment and pay the fee again?
you might want to resubmit a new ds160 and take it along for your interview. you can mention you had to do this as some of the information had changed.

gabslourenc

Jun 27, 2022
Job Offer........
Yes
you might want to resubmit a new ds160 and take it along for your interview. you can mention you had to do this as some of the information had changed.
When I generate a new DS160 the old one is ignored and my interview appointment cancelled?

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
When I generate a new DS160 the old one is ignored and my interview appointment cancelled?
No you are not connecting the new ds160 to the old one or to your appointment. Just that you resubmit again to ensure it contains all relevant information at the time of your interview.

gabslourenc

Jun 27, 2022
Job Offer........
Yes
No you are not connecting the new ds160 to the old one or to your appointment. Just that you resubmit again to ensure it contains all relevant information at the time of your interview.
Okay, I get it.
I can't replace the old DS160 for the new one, so I would have to take it only printed, right?
Do you know anyone who has done something similar? I am very afraid that it will go wrong because I live in another province that doesn't have a consulate and I have been waiting a long time for an interview.

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
Okay, I get it.
I can't replace the old DS160 for the new one, so I would have to take it only printed, right?
Do you know anyone who has done something similar? I am very afraid that it will go wrong because I live in another province that doesn't have a consulate and I have been waiting a long time for an interview.
yes, the other option is to cancel your appointment so that it lets you edit the ds160 number on ais website. take another appointment, you should be able to schedule one in the next few months but cannot guarantee so keep looking.

Reactions: gabslourenc

gabslourenc

Jun 27, 2022
Job Offer........
Yes
yes, the other option is to cancel your appointment so that it lets you edit the ds160 number on ais website. take another appointment, you should be able to schedule one in the next few months but cannot guarantee so keep looking.
Thanks!!

faisalshaikh

Aug 25, 2019
Hello ,

What did you end up finally doing in this matter? Just filled out a new DS160 and took both the old and the new for the interview. I am in a similar situation. My marital status and jobs have changed. Thanks.

Shailabanu

Dec 28, 2022
Hello ,

What did you end up finally doing in this matter? Just filled out a new DS160 and took both the old and the new for the interview. I am in a similar situation. My marital status and jobs have changed. Thanks.
any update on this? I am also in same situation, while filling out the DS160 I was on work permit, now I got PR so how can I update that in the DS160?

faisalshaikh

Aug 25, 2019
any update on this? I am also in same situation, while filling out the DS160 I was on work permit, now I got PR so how can I update that in the DS160?
You fill out a new Ds160 and take that to the interview and inform the authorities that I've had to update the information and hence got a new ds160