+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHALLENGING QUESTION PLEASE HELP

canada19881

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Do i have one year of work experience that i can use to enter the pool and get Invitation Please ?

1:Work start date : right after graduation , Jan 2016, graduated on Dec 2015
2: I Applied for Post graduation WP in Febuary
3: Received Post graduation WP in May 10

Calgary2014

Nov 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
You became eligible to work full time the date you applied for PGWP. If you have a letter from university stating that you completed all the requirement for graduation in Dec 2015 and you study permit was valid in Jan, that's fine too. You could work full-time

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
canada19881 said:
Do i have one year of work experience that i can use to enter the pool and get Invitation Please ?

After graduation you are in implied status and can work full time so no need to worry abut PGWP date.

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
canada19881 said:
thank you sir , that is means I can create profile in feb this year and I will have 1 year Exp ?
yes

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
canada19881 said:

You are allowed to work full-time after graduation ONLY after you have applied for the PGWP, under the R186(w) regulation.
That means that if you started working full-time right after graduation, and before you applied for PGWP in February as you said, you had been working illegally.
Any work after February is legitimate under the implied status.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
evanstp9 said:
You are allowed to work full-time after graduation ONLY after you have applied for the PGWP, under the R186(w) regulation.
That means that if you started working full-time right after graduation, and before you applied for PGWP in February as you said, you had been working illegally.
your right they can work BUT, Quote :

although they are permitted to engage in full-time work during a regularly scheduled break between academic sessions, they work no more than 20 hours per week during a regular academic session; or

(w) if they are or were the holder of a study permit who has completed their program of study and

(i) they met the requirements set out in paragraph (v), and

(ii) they applied for a work permit before the expiry of that study permit and a decision has not yet been made in respect of their application.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-186.html

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
evanstp9 said:

I think CIC will count experience that you have gained while on your work permit. so if you got or approved your work permit in May 2016 that mean your 1 year experience will finish in May 2017 even you stated in Jan 2016.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krunal2904 said:
I think CIC will count experience that you have gained while on your work permit. so if you got or approved your work permit in May 2016 that mean your 1 year experience will finish in May 2017 even you stated in Jan 2016.
Thats exactly what i have heard from pretty much every lawyer i have Phoned so far .that your Exp Counts from the day your WP starts

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
OMG_Chakromakro said:
Thats exactly what i have heard from pretty much every lawyer i have Phoned so far .that your Exp Counts from the day your WP starts

Totally understandable. If your work permit approved that means now you are able to work as your foreign worker during this time your status has been changed from student to worker. the experience you gained without work permit will not count.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krunal2904 said:
Totally understandable. If your work permit approved that means now you are able to work as your foreign worker during this time your status has been changed from student to worker. the experience you gained without work permit will not count.
Since you seem pretty knowledgeable in this matter, lemme ask you this: what about the period when you apply for pgwp , doesn't that period counts towards your experience ? i mean technically your still a student but at the same time your waiting for the response/result for your PGWP .