+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Challenges with Noc code

Oct 19, 2020
Hi everyone,

I need help with choosing NOC for my SINP application. I am an educator with over 15 years of experience. Elementary and Secondary school teachers are in exclusion. I don't know what to do. Please counsel me.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you are an elementary or secondary teacher then you can’t apply. There are too many teachers in the province and, you can’t teach without being licensed so that is why it is on the list. You will need to research other provinces or go through express entry. However you will not get a job offer as a teacher. Also if you don’t have family in Saskatchewan or a high score, you will not get an invitation.

Not knowing your profile or where you are from, it is difficult to teach in Canada. Canadian teachers take a four year degree, then a B.Ed. You need to do a practicum and be licensed. Many teachers in Canada don’t get full time offers and are on the supply list.

Do you have at least a year continuous skilled experience in another NOC within the last five years? Or if married, your spouse?

Meena19

Oct 20, 2020
Title: Operations Representative, RAKBANK

Main duties and responsibilities as below:

• Carrying out complete internal checks and document checks for corporate and retail account opening applications – includes background checks on the customer, constitutional documents, FATCA, CRS, KYC and identification documents.
  • Opening retail and corporate accounts - includes new to bank and existing customers.
  • Carrying out document checks, internal checks and processing profile change requests for retail and corporate customers.
  • Performing quality checks for Account Opening activities being carried out in the offshore offices.
  • Registering customers for digital banking, issuing debit cards and chequebooks.
  • Registering customers for RAKConnect (mobile notification) services.
  • Handling and resolving all Corporate & Retail Account Opening queries raised by various departments.
  • Reconciliation and archival of processed applications and documents manually or electronically to maintain records.
  • Generating and analyzing credit risk report (AECB) and customer bank statements.
  • Carrying out document checking and processing loan applications.
  • Processing loan deferrals as per customer request.
  • Clearing of inward and outward cheques.
  • Processing account closure requests; bank and customer induced.
Additional responsibilities include:

• Performing accurate and timely reviews of Bank’s operating procedures and SOP for the offshore support unit to ensure it is aligned with the current policies and processes.
  • Carrying out GAP analysis of Account opening processes to improve functionality.
  • Carried out a 3-month training (account opening processes) for the offshore team (WIPRO Kochi).
  • Assisting with various testing scenarios to improve internal processes by successfully utilizing analytical and problem solving skills.
Here is a list of my duties, can someone suggest the NOC i should use?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Title: Operations Representative, RAKBANK

Main duties and responsibilities as below:

• Carrying out complete internal checks and document checks for corporate and retail account opening applications – includes background checks on the customer, constitutional documents, FATCA, CRS, KYC and identification documents.
  • Opening retail and corporate accounts - includes new to bank and existing customers.
  • Carrying out document checks, internal checks and processing profile change requests for retail and corporate customers.
  • Performing quality checks for Account Opening activities being carried out in the offshore offices.
  • Registering customers for digital banking, issuing debit cards and chequebooks.
  • Registering customers for RAKConnect (mobile notification) services.
  • Handling and resolving all Corporate & Retail Account Opening queries raised by various departments.
  • Reconciliation and archival of processed applications and documents manually or electronically to maintain records.
  • Generating and analyzing credit risk report (AECB) and customer bank statements.
  • Carrying out document checking and processing loan applications.
  • Processing loan deferrals as per customer request.
  • Clearing of inward and outward cheques.
  • Processing account closure requests; bank and customer induced.
Additional responsibilities include:

• Performing accurate and timely reviews of Bank’s operating procedures and SOP for the offshore support unit to ensure it is aligned with the current policies and processes.
  • Carrying out GAP analysis of Account opening processes to improve functionality.
  • Carried out a 3-month training (account opening processes) for the offshore team (WIPRO Kochi).
  • Assisting with various testing scenarios to improve internal processes by successfully utilizing analytical and problem solving skills.
Here is a list of my duties, can someone suggest the NOC i should use?
It is easier if you first suggest NOC codes to compare. So if you post one or two NOCS that will help.

Oct 19, 2020
If you are an elementary or secondary teacher then you can’t apply. There are too many teachers in the province and, you can’t teach without being licensed so that is why it is on the list. You will need to research other provinces or go through express entry. However you will not get a job offer as a teacher. Also if you don’t have family in Saskatchewan or a high score, you will not get an invitation.

Not knowing your profile or where you are from, it is difficult to teach in Canada. Canadian teachers take a four year degree, then a B.Ed. You need to do a practicum and be licensed. Many teachers in Canada don’t get full time offers and are on the supply list.

Do you have at least a year continuous skilled experience in another NOC within the last five years? Or if married, your spouse?

Thank you for your response. I have seen early childhood educator as also a relevant NOC and my qualification is also good for the requirements. I have worked with children between 3 and 12 all my practice. I will use that. I understand it is expedient I attend some trainings and to be licenced when I get into the country. I trust God for stress free processes. I am a Nigerian. I will appreciate if people can share their experiences with me. I am sure I will learn something from it.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So are you applying through express entry or just to Saskatchewan? Your employment letters must match your NOC. In Canada, early childhood educators are in pre-school or nursery schools not elementary. And ECEs usually are college educated. What is your SINP score as you want around 78.

Oct 19, 2020
So are you applying through express entry or just to Saskatchewan? Your employment letters must match your NOC. In Canada, early childhood educators are in pre-school or nursery schools not elementary. And ECEs usually are college educated. What is your SINP score as you want around 78.

I think I will apply first of all to Saskatchewan then they will go to the express entry pool to get my details. I am still talking about SK application for now.

For my score, I have my brother there to add his own relation point I can beat the point by God's grace.

Oct 19, 2020
I think I will apply first of all to Saskatchewan then they will go to the express entry pool to get my details. I am still talking about SK application for now.

For my score, I have my brother there to add his own relation point I can beat the point by God's grace.
I also have masters degree in education.