+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Challenge in declaring the marital status

callmaster

Nov 3, 2014
Hi,

I am planning to apply for Canadian PR under FSW from India and am looking for advice from experts.

I got 72 points in the initial evaluation.

I am married and have a kid. But for the past 3 years my wife and kid are not living with me and we are not in talking terms. We have no plans to get together again. The marriage is not registered and we have not applied for any divorce or separation.

I do not have any proof of wedding nor can I get any medical certificate or back ground verification from my wife or kid. As I have no plans to take them with me, can I explain my position and give some sort of affidavit stating I can not produce any document related to my marriage ?

The application form states that I need to produce the documents from my spouse whether are not she is accompanying.

Thanks in advance.

canvisatsu

Nov 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
callmaster said:
Hi,

I am planning to apply for Canadian PR under FSW from India and am looking for advice from experts.

I got 72 points in the initial evaluation.

I am married and have a kid. But for the past 3 years my wife and kid are not living with me and we are not in talking terms. We have no plans to get together again. The marriage is not registered and we have not applied for any divorce or separation.

I do not have any proof of wedding nor can I get any medical certificate or back ground verification from my wife or kid. As I have no plans to take them with me, can I explain my position and give some sort of affidavit stating I can not produce any document related to my marriage ?

The application form states that I need to produce the documents from my spouse whether are not she is accompanying.

Thanks in advance.
Apply seperately nothing stoss you...bit in case of conflicts get legal help...

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2009
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-09-2014
You are right. Legally speaking you need to get divorce papers.

Having a wife and kids constitute having dependents. Unless you can legally prove you are single, you will have to include your family in your application, pay the fee and submit all their documents.

Hiding this crucial piece of information may land you in trouble and getting blacklisted from entering the country forever.

Regards, SWA

callmaster

Nov 3, 2014
What are the ways of proving I am single or staying alone for 3 years ?

As I do not have any plans to take them in future, can I give some sort of declaration ?

It is not easy to get divorce in India.

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2009
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-09-2014
Your kids would have a birth certificate with your name on it yes? If so, that might appear in background checks.
Immigration is a huge deal. I would not leave unattended business behind specially with legal matters.

Even if you file for divorce, unless its finalized before you submit application, they will still be your dependents.

CIC specifically mentions to declare dependents. It's really your call if you want to hide that part.

regards, SWA