+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cessation Process

Saaqs

Dec 3, 2016
Just want to find out how will I find out if there is cessation proceeding against me as I was stopped and questioned at length by border agent while coming back from US last month. I'm a PR and I've the home country passport and have traveled there as well in the past. So my questions are:

1: the fact that I was questioned means that the process has started already?
2: how long before I get any notice from CBSA or IRCC or any other concerned agency?
3: I did get an email since that interview by IRCC stating that there records show that I"m PR and should have proper docs for travelling to and from Canada
4: when should I hire a lawyer by which I mean should I wait until I get that notice for a CBSA interview?
5: what exactly and how long this whole process is going to take if I choose to fight if they initiated cessation proceedings against me?
6: Is it possible that IRCC wont go through with CBSA request for cessation under current policy as I've been reading on this forum.

I would really appreciate help here as I realized people on this forum have serious depth and knowledge.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
DID you not get an answer here with same post in citizenship section ? http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/refugee-status-cessation-and-prs-applying-for-citizenship-t333455.0.html;msg5621547#msg5621547

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Just want to find out how will I find out if there is cessation proceeding against me as I was stopped and questioned at length by border agent while coming back from US last month. I'm a PR and I've the home country passport and have traveled there as well in the past. So my questions are:

1: the fact that I was questioned means that the process has started already?
2: how long before I get any notice from CBSA or IRCC or any other concerned agency?
3: I did get an email since that interview by IRCC stating that there records show that I"m PR and should have proper docs for travelling to and from Canada
4: when should I hire a lawyer by which I mean should I wait until I get that notice for a CBSA interview?
5: what exactly and how long this whole process is going to take if I choose to fight if they initiated cessation proceedings against me?
6: Is it possible that IRCC wont go through with CBSA request for cessation under current policy as I've been reading on this forum.

I would really appreciate help here as I realized people on this forum have serious depth and knowledge.
Hi did they end up doing anything?