+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CES usually takes ~20 weeks? Do I have to wait?

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
Hi Everybody,

Just learned by reading the forum posts that I'll need to get a) my IELTS score, and b) the CES assessment done *BEFORE* creating a profile.

My IELTS results should be out in a few days but I still have to get my assessment done.

Now almost all the providers have listed usual time as almost 20 weeks, to provide an assessment.
This has confused me, since I believed this wouldn't take too long and I can still create a profile while the assessment goes on.

Can someone please help with the following questions:
  1. Do I have to necessarily wait for the assessment to create a profile? Or can both of these go on in parallel? Because if I have to wait, then that means my plans will be delayed by 4-5 months!
  2. Once the profile is created post assessment, does it again take 4-5 months to know if I am in the pool and whether I am going to get the invitation?
  3. Is this the max time and does the assessment usually get done in lesser time? If yes, then how long does it usually take?
  4. They say they'll send you the assessment results by post. Is that required? I am mainly concerned about whether the standard mail will reach me. Can the e-Result do, do we really need a physical copy?
  5. Which is the preferred provider for the assessment?
  6. If I read it correctly, my university needs to send my mark-sheets separately too, is that correct?
I'll ask more if I come across any questions, but thanks so much in advance for helping me with the above :)

Last edited:

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - If you only have foreign studies then yes, you need to get your credentials assessed in order to be able to create a profile.
2 - No, if you are eligible once you create your profile you will be immediately in the pool.
3 - I studied in Canada so I can't help you regarding assessment timelines.
4 - See #3
5 - Most people use WES.
6 - See #3.

Reactions: aman.alam

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi Everybody,

Just learned by reading the forum posts that I'll need to get a) my IELTS score, and b) the CES assessment done *BEFORE* creating a profile.

My IELTS results should be out in a few days but I still have to get my assessment done.

Now almost all the providers have listed usual time as almost 20 weeks, to provide an assessment.
This has confused me, since I believed this wouldn't take too long and I can still create a profile while the assessment goes on.

Can someone please help with the following questions:
  • Do I have to necessarily wait for the assessment to create a profile? Or can both of these go on in parallel? Because if I have to wait, then that means my plans will be delayed by 4-5 months!
  • Once the profile is created post assessment, does it again take 4-5 months to know if I am in the pool and whether I am going to get the invitation?
  • Is this the max time and does the assessment usually get done in lesser time? If yes, then how long does it usually take?
  • They say they'll send you the assessment results by post. Is that required? I am mainly concerned about whether the standard mail will reach me. Can the e-Result do, do we really need a physical copy?
  • Which is the preferred provider for the assessment?
  • If I read it correctly, my university needs to send my mark-sheets separately too, is that correct?
I'll ask more if I come across any questions, but thanks so much in advance for helping me with the above :)
To add to what DelPiero07 said:
# 3: I used WES and it took 21 business days (so about a month) to get my results (but WES had all of my documents on Day 1).
# 4: WES will send you a PDF copy of the results, as well as a mailed copy, and you can use the results outlined in the PDFcopy for your profile if you want.
# 6: You have to visit WES's website to determine what documents they will need from you; the requirements vary depending on the credential being assessed and the country in which you gained the credential. For example. I only have to have my university send my transcript to WES, but other persons have to arrange to have their marksheets and/or other documents sent as well.

Reactions: aman.alam

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
That's a huge help!
Thanks a lot everybody, specially @FurqanM

What would a typical transcript look like?
Does a transcript mean that simply a printed copy of my marks etc on the university letterhead will work?

I want to be completely prepared before I travel 2000kms to visit my university, thus asking all the details.
Thanks for the patience :)