+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CES declines issuing ECA report (Sikkim Manipal University)

Nilofar

Jan 4, 2015
Hello everyone,

I just received word from CES that they can't issue me an ECA report and gave no reason for it.

From what little understanding I have of the process, a student/client is issued either a negative or positive assessment. But in my case, the result is inconclusive.

Sikkim Manipal University is recognized by UGC, India and is part of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.

Another forum membet from SMU claims they had applied for an ECA report from UoT and received the same.

What could be the reasons behind this? :(
:eek:

JamesMilla

Dec 27, 2014
You can try ICAS, this is there response.
ICAS Assessment Reports include formal academic education completed at appropriately recognized institutions. Provided that your clients were admitted to SMU after the date of UGC recognition and that, if the program was completed by distance education, it was DEC-recognized at the time of attendance, we would be able to assess the study.

Please contact us if you require any additional information or clarification.

ICAS of Canada

Jul 6, 2015
Thank You James !

I have a small query before we initiate this process. I did my Graduation (2006) and Post-Graduation (2012) in Part-Time from Sikkim Manipal University, DE.
I don't know but looks like WES or Canadian PR system will not award me any points for my Degree's. :( I will be more than happy to proceed with ICAS but need to know if I will get points for Sikkim Manipal University or not.

Can you please shed some more light on the same?

Sankrit

Aug 3, 2015
ECA evaluation

HI. Can anyone help me to clarify the following?

My Engineering degree (4year) university is not listed in WES list of university (UGC approved). Do I need to check with CES or other ECA evaluation board?

I have done MBA from SCDL(symbiosis centre for distance learning), which is a subsidiary of symbiosis university, India. Am i eligible for my masters degree score?