17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Hi guys,

I have a Mexican Stamp on my passport and I asked a certified translator for a quote in Vancouver, BC. She said she is offering only electronic translations at the moment.

Is it acceptable to print the electronic translations for the interview? Or I need a original of the Translation in a printed format.

My test is 10 days away so I just want to get it done sooner.

Thank you!

lofoten82

Oct 15, 2017
read well their instruction, you can save a lot of money by using one of your friends for the translations and then sign them inf front of a commissioner of oath:

Citizenship applications: Translation of documents
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

This section is about the policy and procedures for the translation of documents that accompany citizenship applications submitted to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) through consular missions abroad by persons living outside Canada and citizenship applications submitted directly to IRCC by persons living in Canada and the United States (U.S.).

Policy
Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation, if required.
Translations by family members are not acceptable. A family member is defined as being a parent, guardian, sibling, spouse, grandparent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew or first cousin.

Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the place where the affidavit is sworn, that the contents of the translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

Original documents may be requested later in the process by an officer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/applications-translation-documents.html

zuxeg

Mar 5, 2018
Not sure about translating a Mexican stamp if it is already in English...Search the forum and you'll see.
They state: "Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied ..."
Well, Mexico is written in English...so...

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
read well their instruction, you can save a lot of money by using one of your friends for the translations and then sign them inf front of a commissioner of oath:

Citizenship applications: Translation of documents
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

This section is about the policy and procedures for the translation of documents that accompany citizenship applications submitted to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) through consular missions abroad by persons living outside Canada and citizenship applications submitted directly to IRCC by persons living in Canada and the United States (U.S.).

Policy
Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation, if required.
Translations by family members are not acceptable. A family member is defined as being a parent, guardian, sibling, spouse, grandparent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew or first cousin.

Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the place where the affidavit is sworn, that the contents of the translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

Original documents may be requested later in the process by an officer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/applications-translation-documents.html
Thanks, I read this first but I don't have spanish friends. The one I contacted she is from the list of translators and interpretors of Canada(BC).

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Not sure about translating a Mexican stamp if it is already in English...Search the forum and you'll see.
They state: "Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied ..."
Well, Mexico is written in English...so...
Thank you. Let me double check the stamp again. However I did find the boarding passes (original printed at airport) in and out of Canada from that trip.