+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certified Translation of Passport Stamps

PhDstudent

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
In the letter on what to bring for the Citizenship interview, there is a part that reads:

"A certified translation of any passport pages that have visas, entry/exit stamps, or notes that are not in one of Canada's official languages - English or French"

I have two stamps from 2003 that are in Uzbek only. Should I really make a certified translation for those? It makes no sense to me... Also I don't know if I can find an Uzbek translator?

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
In the letter on what to bring for the Citizenship interview, there is a part that reads:

"A certified translation of any passport pages that have visas, entry/exit stamps, or notes that are not in one of Canada's official languages - English or French"

I have two stamps from 2003 that are in Uzbek only. Should I really make a certified translation for those? It makes no sense to me... Also I don't know if I can find an Uzbek translator?
https://taontario.ca/language/uzbek/uzbek/

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
but is it really needed??? It seems such a stupid request for such an old thing...
I asked the same question earlier about a stamp in my cancelled passport from my childhood, completely outside my eligibility period. I was advised by a senior member of this forum that there is no need to even present this old passport during the interview, let alone translate the stamp.

However, if your passport with the stamp was valid, or could've been used during your eligibility period, then you need to get it translated.

This is just an opinion. I'll likely risk it without translating it. Up to you.

PhDstudent

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
I asked the same question earlier about a stamp in my cancelled passport from my childhood, completely outside my eligibility period. I was advised by a senior member of this forum that there is no need to even present this old passport during the interview, let alone translate the stamp.

However, if your passport with the stamp was valid, or could've been used during your eligibility period, then you need to get it translated.

This is just an opinion. I'll likely risk it without translating it. Up to you.
thanks for your reply, no my passport wasn't valid during the eligibility period, it stopped being vaild about 3 years before. so i won't do it