File Transfer...
?
Med's Done....
29-08-2011
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
Ok so I got married in Thailand. The marriage cert. was in thai so we got it translated and then got it certified a the canadian embassy. Now for the spousal sponsorship they ask for a photocopy of our marriage cert.

We should send a photocopy of the certified translation right? or both ? the girl at the embassy told me that my certified translation was now considered the original of my marriage certificate.

Do I have to notarized the photocopy of the certified translation?

Thanks

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can send the translation and a photocopy of the marriage certificate. If the translation made by an accredited translator ( licensed translator) then there is no need of notarizing it. but if it is not so expensive in Thailand, you can send even a notarized photocopy of the original marriage certificate and the translation.That would be more safe.

theedge

Star Member
Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
File Transfer...
?
Med's Done....
29-08-2011
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
Alright thanks!
The translation is already certified by the embassy of Canada. I only have one copy and I won't be sending the original since I might need it some other time. I think just a normal photocopy would be enough no? I mean since its the embassy themselves who certified the translation...
What do you think?