+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certified (Notarized) Documents

Luiza

Nov 25, 2008
Brazil
I've done that already and mailed all what they needed from me to my husband, in Canada. Now it is only sit and wait.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Hmmm. Who qualifies as a certified translator? We have plenty of court appointed translators out here, but I've found nothing on certified translators >_>

The only paper I believe I need translated is the police clearance. I'm sending the original as well, of course, but since it's in Slovene I'm pretty sure it needs a translation. Or... not? Man, the more I think about these things, the more confused I am >_<

Do I need to get the phone bills translated as well? There's really not much to translate there, it's just a list of calls and the dates they were made on.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most countries will have some official translators who will stamp a paper as certified translation of the original and sign their name on it. If your translator can give you a stamp like that, it should be ok. I would not bother translating the phone bill.

Iris5467

Nov 28, 2008
Bay Area, California
Hello everyone,

I'd just like to make a note here as I became a Notary Public of California in the past month. If you are looking to get documents notarized within California please know that we cannot notarize birth, death, or marriage certificates. You can make a copy and write a statement saying that, "I *name* do swear that this is a true and correct copy of my/my child's/my husband's/etc *document*.... etc etc" and have the statement notarized. All the states have different laws, so its a very good idea to see if any documents are prohibited should you be within the US and to get a clear answer of what you need for your particular case.

Hopefully this helps someone!