+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certified Internal Auditor

Knoesa

Apr 15, 2015
Good day

I'm new to the blog. We currently have 385 points on the CRS system. I got my CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) certification from the Institute of Internal Auditors in March. This is a global certification. I wanted to find out if I need this certificate to be assessed by WES as well or is it already recognised as it is a global certificate? I already have a 4 year degree educational Credential Assessment (ECA) done by WES. So the CIA is additional, which will boost my points with two-or more certificates.

Thanks

sahilkhurana06

Jan 20, 2015
Hey, good to hear that you've achieved a well recognized credential in internal audit, however in terms of gaining points, its of no use. Do not send this for any evaluation to WES. I am currently holding CISA,CISM,CAPM certifications, but haven't got any points. This might help you in getting a job in Canada. All the best.

Knoesa

Apr 15, 2015
This is not good. Have you tried applying to WES for CISa recognition? Did you submit your EE profile then without your CISA recognition and only your degree/diploma (assuming here that you have these :-X)

chakri8385

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-2014
As the name specifies WES (World Education Services) does evaluation only for educational degrees. CIA, CISA, CISM are professional certifications and would not fetch any points.

Gaurav kash

Mar 25, 2018
Guys my wife is an auditor service, standard and quality... In airline comp.. Is she eligible for express entry

Mansoorcpa

Oct 22, 2017
Yes they evaluate it but you have to confirm with them plus u have to send all ur education record if u didn't evaluate ur bachelors or other degrees in the past as they look for the broader picture

Sa33dAhm3d

Jul 15, 2018
Thanks ! By the way .. whats your full name? I was trying to search for you on LinkedIn.

I will be sending them after some months .. since I am planning to sit for my CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) and CRMA (Certified Risk Management Associate) exams in October and December ..

Reactions: Sarah.iftikhar

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
As the name specifies WES (World Education Services) does evaluation only for educational degrees. CIA, CISA, CISM are professional certifications and would not fetch any points.
Are you sure? Professional certificates can fetch you points. I have ACCA certification and got ECA equivalent to bachelors.

Sa33dAhm3d

Jul 15, 2018
Its Muhammad Mansoor Khan. U r welcome dear if u have bachelor degree just get the score in IELTS and go ahead with it
Hi Mansoor .. I have added you on LinkedIn. Are u in UAE? I am currently in KSA.

I have one last question .. Since my bacheloe degree has already been attested last year .. I understand that I just have to send my CIA and CISA certification to WES (not my bachelors bachel again)? Am i correct?

Prospective12

Dec 26, 2012
Yes they evaluate it but you have to confirm with them plus u have to send all ur education record if u didn't evaluate ur bachelors or other degrees in the past as they look for the broader picture
Hello,

What do you mean by "you have to confirm with them"? I recently did a WES evaluation for ACCA and got it assessed as a bachelors degree. However, I want to assess my CIA to obtain points for 'Two or more'. Could you advise?

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Hello,

What do you mean by "you have to confirm with them"? I recently did a WES evaluation for ACCA and got it assessed as a bachelors degree. However, I want to assess my CIA to obtain points for 'Two or more'. Could you advise?
I think you should go ahead with the evaluation. ACCA is not an exception, I'm sure other certificates would also be recognised and given some equivalence.