+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certificate of qualification

Ken2304

Dec 25, 2017
Hi All,

Under express entry there is a question do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body?
I am working in the IT sector now in my home country. I have applied for certification from CIPS(Canada's association of IT professionals). Is this certification recognised in Canada as a certificate of qualification? Anyone applied for certification from CIPS before? Would appreciate your advice on how i can use this qualification.

Regards
Ken

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Certificate of qualification only applies to certain NOC's that involve trades (carpenter, plumber, electrician, etc), even if you have such certification it will not add any CRS points.

Reactions: Ken2304

zahraa

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Certificate of qualification only applies to certain NOC's that involve trades (carpenter, plumber, electrician, etc), even if you have such certification it will not add any CRS points.
What about teaching? If I get a certificate will my score change?

aknath.707

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
It does add 50 important points! And are you sure that they won't count CIPS membership for a province?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It does add 50 important points! And are you sure that they won't count CIPS membership for a province?
It adds 50 points ONLY for people who work in the skilled trades -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=743&top=29

Skilled trades are these occupations -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/skilled-trades.html

Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades,
Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades,
Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production,
Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators,
Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks, and
Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers.

aknath.707

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......

Amankahlon

Apr 23, 2018
Category........
I have certificate of operator in training from ontario water wastewater certification office. I have passed the exam with 82% and obtained the certificate. The NOC for water and wastewater treatment plant operators is 9243. So should i select yes for cerificate of qualification in my profile ?. I dont work in that trade thou but i have the certificate. I work under NOC 2211. I have applied under EE under Canadian experience class. Will i get 50 points ?

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
I have certificate of operator in training from ontario water wastewater certification office. I have passed the exam with 82% and obtained the certificate. The NOC for water and wastewater treatment plant operators is 9243. So should i select yes for cerificate of qualification in my profile ?. I dont work in that trade thou but i have the certificate. I work under NOC 2211. I have applied under EE under Canadian experience class. Will i get 50 points ?
I think you can select yes as you have cleared the exam and obtained the certificate.

Amankahlon

Apr 23, 2018
Category........
Hi vaishnavi
Thanks for the reply
I am just confused because i dont work in that trade and also if COQ applies to Canadian experience class ?

leticiam

Dec 17, 2018
My NOC is B, does the Food Handler certification is considered a Certificate of qualification?
Im afraid to say “yes”.

“Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body?

Note: A certificate of qualification lets people work in some skilled trades in Canada. Only the provinces, territories and a federal body can issue these certificates. To get one, a person must have them assess their training, trade experience and skills to and then pass a certification exam.

People usually have to go to the province or territory to be assessed. They may also need experience and training from an employer in Canada.”

Reactions: Ajayadigopal