+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certificate of qualification/Trade certificate- NOC 1215 - CIFFA/CITT

BeastM18

Mar 11, 2020
Hi there,

My RCIC suggested me to get CITT(Canadian institute of traffic and transportation) certificate as it WILL help me with 50 points under CEC - Express entry.
I already have CIFFA (Canadian institute of Freight forwarding association) certificate with me.

I am not sure if either CIFFA/CITT is considered as certificate of qualification under NOC - 1215, please help!

Also, my current status is PGWP, and it states I cannot go to school/educational institution. Can I do an online course or not?

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You don't get 50 points for certificate of qualification under CEC. It's only for FST

You can study without a study permit if the program is not longer than 6 months or if it's a 100% online course

Reactions: BeastM18

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi there,

My RCIC suggested me to get CITT(Canadian institute of traffic and transportation) certificate as it WILL help me with 50 points under CEC - Express entry.
I already have CIFFA (Canadian institute of Freight forwarding association) certificate with me.

I am not sure if either CIFFA/CITT is considered as certificate of qualification under NOC - 1215, please help!

No, you cannot use that as a certificate of qualification, that only applies to trades that are regulated by the provincial Colleges of Trades.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=743&top=29

Although you certainly can gain points for a CoQ under any of the express entry programs, very few applicants under CEC have a CoQ. You can see more abt what is considered a "skilled trade" here -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/skilled-trades.html

Your certificate certainly has value, however, if you have work experience in that field, you can submit it with your employment documents as supplemental evidence.

BeastM18

Mar 11, 2020
Thank you for replying!
Yes, I have experience in the same field - freight forwarding industry.
My job duties are under NOC - 1215

If I want to claim point for COQ should I change from CEC to FST ? Please advise

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you for replying!
Yes, I have experience in the same field - freight forwarding industry.
My job duties are under NOC - 1215

If I want to claim point for COQ should I change from CEC to FST ? Please advise
??? I thought we had established that you do not work in a trade occupation, and you do not have a CoQ.... ??? Were you a plumber or electrician or other tradesperson before?

BeastM18

Mar 11, 2020
??? I thought we had established that you do not work in a trade occupation, and you do not have a CoQ.... ??? Were you a plumber or electrician or other tradesperson before?
I haven't worked as tradesperson.
Only Work experience (1-2 years) I have falls under 1215
So, can I use the certificate I have as COQ ? or not.
What are odds that they will reject my application?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
So, can I use the certificate I have as COQ ? or not.
Not. As already stated above.

What are odds that they will reject my application?

Very high. If you try to use that as a COQ, the VO will subtract 50 points during processing, and if your new CRS score falls below the cut-off for your draw, they will refuse your application.

preetsk

Jun 9, 2020
Hi there,

Also, my current status is PGWP, and it states I cannot go to school/educational institution. Can I do an online course or not?
Hi,
I also done CIFFA certificates in international transportation and trade. I also thinking to opt for essential freight forwarders course, but my question is that do we get point extra in or in Canada ...as I’m a international student and right now I’m on pgwp . I have done supply chain management from Lambton college (2 year pg diploma )

help me bro

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I also done CIFFA certificates in international transportation and trade. I also thinking to opt for essential freight forwarders course, but my question is that do we get point extra in or in Canada ...as I’m a international student and right now I’m on pgwp . I have done supply chain management from Lambton college (2 year pg diploma )

help me bro
No - you won't get additional points.

preetsk

Jun 9, 2020
Hi there,

Hi ,
Can I get the details of your RCIC agent .

appreciate for help