+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certificate of Qualification - FSW and CEC

commagk

Oct 20, 2018
Hi there

Just got to 'supporting documents' section in my ITA - I was accepted to apply through Canadian Experience Class.
I'm seeing that Certificate of Qualification is required even though I never indicated I have one.
I went through all my messages with CIC and previewed the score - turns out the system qualified me as a federal skilled worker (it says: met). Now, when I click the tool-tip FSW is described as:

"To be eligible, federal skilled worker applicants must:
• have valid third-party language test results (that show they meet the minimum language threshold),
• have an educational credential assessments for any foreign educational credentials, and
• have at least a year of full-time experience in a skilled field
• plan to live outside the province of Quebec (Note: The province of Quebec chooses its own skilled workers. If you plan on living in Quebec, see Quebec-selected skilled workers for more information)"

In that case, can I submit my University diploma as my CoQ? I have no other certificates.

Any help will be appreciated!
Thank you

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Certificate of Qualification is not a requirement either for FSW applicants. Re-check your answers, if everything was answered correctly then write a LOE and upload it in such placeholder.

commagk

Oct 20, 2018
Just went back to my application.
For CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification I have "0"
But then like I said: Federal Skilled Worker categorizes me as "Met"
It makes no sense that I am being asked to upload my CoQ in this case. But I have to upload something since it is required. Oh no, what do I do! Do I have to decline the invitation?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just because you have "0" doesn't mean you answered correctly the questions in your profile.

commagk

Oct 20, 2018
Ok, so I went back to my profile. Turns out I selected that I have a certificate as an Industrial Designer - I understood it as this is supposed to be what my degree is in. And so I graduated from a university as an industrial designer. Can I submit the diploma and in my LOE explain it?
Thanks