+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certificate of qualification for software development

DjonnyMc

Dec 21, 2019
Hello all,

I wanted to ask a question if it is possible to answer yes to "certificate of qualification" question when applying for Express Entry if I went through a company testing phase in recruitment process and finished few company training's for my software development tasks?

DjonnyMc

Dec 21, 2019
Certificates of qualification are required to determine your eligibility under the Federal Trades program. Software Development is not a skilled trade—it is a Type A skilled professional job. You can find the right NOC for your job here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

You are right, but it gives you extra points. So my question is that has anyone answered yes based on company recruitment process examinations and given company training's?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
You are right, but it gives you extra points. So my question is that has anyone answered yes based on company recruitment process examinations and given company training's?
It's not about the points it gives, you cannot immigrate as a Federal Skilled Trades worker because software development is not a skilled trade.