+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certificate of Employment

Jaas

Nov 15, 2021
I submitted my profile and waiting for the ITA. I now have another job. Is the Certificate of Employment from my previous employer (the job that I declared on my profile for my application) needed to be dated in time I will have my invitation to apply or it doesn't matter the date on it (can be more than 6 months) from the date the manager sign it? Do I still need to attach a certificate of employment for my new work even if I will not use that (a proof I’m working)? Thank you.

kartikj001

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
You have to put in all correct info till the time you got an ITA.

so YOU HAVE TO PUT IN/UPDATE the ITA with new job details. why r u creating unwanted trouble for yourself.

Jaas

Nov 15, 2021
My question is about the date the previous employer sign the proof of employment, does it need to be in time I receive the ITA? I asked for proof of employment on the last day at the previous job.

kartikj001

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
does it need to be in time I receive the ITA - Nope

For example - if you leave the job on 20 Jan 2022 and have obtained the letter on 20th dec 2021, it is fine. You dont have to wait till the last day.

Just make sure it has ur job description, full time, duties as per prescribed IRCC format.

kartikj001

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Example 1 - you have finished 1 year in company A and you are now using this letter for application. You get a letter as per IRCC format and then after a few months you leave the company . In Example one, you will have to get another letter stating, that your end date with company was on date and your position when u left the company was _____.

Jaas

Nov 15, 2021
Yes, from your example: the Company A signed the letter that stating the start and end date with the company. The employer signed the letter in Jan 2022, will it still be valid and acceptable if it is signed for more than 3 months and so from Jan 2022?

Jaas

Nov 15, 2021
Yes, from your example: the Company A signed the letter that stating the start and end date with the company. The employer A signed the letter in Jan 2022, will it still be valid and acceptable from the date it was signed if it is more than 3 months and so from Jan 2022?

Jaas

Nov 15, 2021
Example 1 - you have finished 1 year in company A and you are now using this letter for application. You get a letter as per IRCC format and then after a few months you leave the company . In Example one, you will have to get another letter stating, that your end date with company was on date and your position when u left the company was _____.

Yes, from your example: the Company A signed the letter that stating the start and end date with the company. The employer A signed the letter in Jan 2022, will it still be valid and acceptable from the date it was signed if it is more than 3 months and so from Jan 2022?

kartikj001

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Yes, it will be acceptable. keep all your paystubs. IRCC might ask for another letter if they need i but depends from case to case