Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
haddyxx said:
I know that's true...
I think tomorrow I'll send the application for a copy of a departure certificate. Even if I don't get it by the time I apply for the study permit at least I'll have tried.
Otherwise I think I'll go ahead and apply for the study permit next month once I have all the documents together. It says that if you are applying for a visitor/study/work permit and do need an ARC you don't do it anyway and that they do it in the context of the whole application. Does that make sense you think? Thanks!
an ARC is different than a departure certificate. An arc is required ONLY when you are trying to enter as a visitor, worker or student and are currently inadmissible. Once your exclusion order is over IT IS OVER and there is no need to apply for an ARC. You are admissible to enter canada as soon as the exclusion order expires. Again, i never had a "departure certificate" and never had a problem returning to canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
rhcohen2014 said:
Again, i never had a "departure certificate" and never had a problem returning to canada.
That's very interesting to know since the CIC website states it is required. I wonder if it's hit or miss depending on the border officer.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
That's very interesting to know since the CIC website states it is required. I wonder if it's hit or miss depending on the border officer.
i'm sure it also depends on where the person is from - visa exempt vs. non-visa exempt.

haddyxx

May 9, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
an ARC is different than a departure certificate. An arc is required ONLY when you are trying to enter as a visitor, worker or student and are currently inadmissible. Once your exclusion order is over IT IS OVER and there is no need to apply for an ARC. You are admissible to enter canada as soon as the exclusion order expires. Again, i never had a "departure certificate" and never had a problem returning to canada.
That's what doesn't make sense is that on the website it says that if it's been over 12 months but you don't have the certificate of departure you need an ARC. But if you are applying for a visitor/study/work permit you don't do the ARC and if it's needed they process it within the context of your application and just request the $400 fee.

RJean

Jul 14, 2019
Hello!!!
I'm so confused,I'm wondering if anyone can help me with...
I was removed from Canada last year after my REFUGEE CLAIM and PRRA have been refused... now 12 months have passed and at the airport they gave me a certificate with my photo on it showing the date I left and the airplane company because they bought the ticket..
My wife is already applied for PR.. I would like to know if I'm still gonna need the ARC to return to Canada after my PR is approved???